£850 MAXIMUM 40-47" TV - LG42LM670T or ???

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Glenn Wood, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Glenn Wood

Glenn Wood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    My current 40" Samsung is nearing it's end. It got dead pixels, which are spreading - to a level which is irritating now, and will surely get worse.

We can tolerate this for a bit longer, so can probably wait if better deals are likely to come up, but it is hard to know what our exact time frame is.

Whilst looking around I am drawn to the LG42LM670T - it seems to be available at John Lewis or Costco, with their 5 year guarantees for £840 or £850, and a Google search shows it below £720 in some shops - but I doubt that includes a 5 year guarantee - and whether they're trustworthy is another matter.

So, basically, my "needs" are based on this set.

Budget - £850

I also have to add in wall mounting, so appreciate any saving that can be made.

Size - Up to 47" - not the biggest of living rooms - so no need to go very big - but have a 40" just now and can understand going a bit bigger.

Screen Type - No Preference - LED, Plasma - whatever.

Gaming - Occasional Only - I own a PS3 but it's level of usage is low. It more serves as a media player than anything else nowadays.

3D? - Nice option to have, but not a deal breaker. Not a definite but I figure if I don't get now it will be another 5 years plus. I favour the passive option of the likes of LG, because of the cheaper glasses. I have 2 young kids, so wouldn't expect the more expensive glasses of Active sets to survive.

I have Sky HD, and would get their 3D channel also if I had a set capable.

Have I forgot to mention anything? Probably.

If anyone can advise on this set, or any others that may meet my needs, I appreciate any guidance. (Along with reliable places to buy, and wher to get best deals, etc.)

Thank you.

2. Scooby2000

Scooby2000
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    Samsung E550 plasma, Panasonic UT50 or ST50 would be the sets Id look at.