£800 to spend

jarraman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have always owned an LG tv. Very happy with my 5 year old tv. My daughter wishes to purchase a new 4K LG tv around 49/55". With around £700 to 800 is their a reliable model she should be looking at. She cannot afford an OLED, but something with a decent picture would be nice. She is not into games or football, but loves movies. Any advice is warmly welcome.

Something like the LG 55UK6750PLD (55") would fit her budget (at the higher end). It's got WebOS 4 but it is edge lit, not full array. Might be worth looking for some reviews?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you said LG but the Samsung mu7000 is well worth checking out. I’ve just bought one and am very impressed.

Avforums review here

Samsung UE55MU7000 4K LED TV Review

Thanks Mitch. However my daughter has an expensive Laura Ashley tv stand and the Samsung legs are to far apart to be placed on the unit. Her viewing angle is also offset, so it looks like that model is a no goer. Thanks all the same for your input.

Thanks Mitch. However my daughter has an expensive Laura Ashley tv stand and the Samsung legs are to far apart to be placed on the unit. Her viewing angle is also offset, so it looks like that model is a no goer. Thanks all the same for your input.

The easy solution to the feet is to buy a versa pedestal mount from Amazon or eBay for about £30 , won't solve the viewing angle though .....

She has now seen an LG6950 50" which she likes. Good price down from £1000 to £645. She is of the opinion that if it looks good in a dept store, it will be a lot better in her home when set up using the AV forum Picture Perfect setup guide.

You'd be better off looking for one of last year's models at a discount, something like the SJ850v or failing that SJ810v/SJ800v.

If she can wait until close to this time next year or maybe black friday if lucky with discounts she may be able to get one of the new FALD LGs for a reasonable price. Now wouldn't be a good time to buy a 2018 model, having been released recently they fetch a large premium. Especially compared to the model they succeed from the year before...with minimal to no gains in picture quality either usually.

You could also wait to see what happens with OLED pricing, the recently reviewed electriQ OLED at 55" was reviewed at only £850 and you can sometimes find the LG A7 FHD OLED for £900. Maybe this time next year we see some great discounts on 2018 OLED models.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom