£800 to spend on an all-in-one system.

P

PaulAnderson

Hi,

I am after some help please.

I have up to about £800 to spend on an all-in-one system. I need something that sounds amazing, stylish and small (or non intrusive).

I don't have the biggest of rooms and don't want huge speakers that will make people think they're walking into a Richersounds store, but I don't want small weird designer things that will make my room look like the set from a Sci-fi film.

Don't want much do I?!!?!?!

What do you think of these single/two speaker surround sound systems like the Yamaha YSP800?

Thanks,

Paul

I've just bought a Denon S101 and I'm very happy with it. Although its not true surround I now get a more 'cinematic' experience when I watch films. The sound is good, the picture quality is good if not better than my old Pioneer 575 DVD and playing stereo music is very good too. Its also well built and stylish too. Only drawback is that treble is a bit harsh, but at the moment my room is newly decorated with not all soft furnishings in there (its a solid wood floor too!). I think this should sort itself out once I get sofas etc in there. There is a few settings however for room acoustics. And the whole thing was a piece of **** to set up. In a nutshell it was worth every penny. :smashin:

Forgot to mention I got it for £723 from Empire Direct. Good service from them too!

For something with fewer speakers, I'd suggest the Bose 321 Classic system - for a two speaker system, it works brilliantly with surround and has a decent sound to it... Bose are going to start a trade in for their H/C systems from 5th November where if you trade in ANY old cheap and nasty DVD player, you'll get £50 off (as long as it works) taking the price to £650. The Yamaha unit, though a good idea, doesn't quite work as well from the dems I've heard. Find a dealer and get a dem of the Bose - I think you'd be impressed...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom