1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£800 credit to spend with TruFi - which speakers? anyone used Tannoy Saturn speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Tim Ashdown, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Tim Ashdown

Tim Ashdown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I would probably choose the Kef 2005 speaker package. They are five small, identical speakers plus a sub which have been very well received and should be an excellent partner with your pioneer. Don't have any info on the Marantz I'm afraid.<br />Hope this helps

2. jon smith

jon smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I bought some sub/sat speakers from Trufi, bu the stands were rubbish - so I now have £800 credit to spend with them.

Don't want floorstanders (want all 5 speaker to be as similar as poss)

From their range, I can choose:

Five Sony SS-LA500ed designer speakers (reviewed in Home Entertainment). These are about £170 per speaker, but they will do a reduction on them. Look excellent on the stands. (don't think in the shops til next week).

A set of 5 Tannoy Saturn 6LR - these are about £200 each and look great (probably a bit bigger than I was originally after, but should sound great together). Maybe the revolution r1 could figure as well.

All to be partnered by a Pioneer E07 amp?

Or, I could get the new marantz 7200 AV receiver. Does anyone have any idea when this is out, will it have DPL2 and DTS ES discrete. Then get speakers by flogging the Pioneer.

Any thoughts?

[ 28-08-2001: Message edited by: jon smith ]</p>