1. Join Now

    AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£800 budget, what to go for?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Carlos 1975, Feb 12, 2010.

  1. Carlos 1975

    Carlos 1975 Standard Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2009
    Messages:
    9
    User Reviews:
    0
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    leeds
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

    I have had my name down for a 50 panny v10 for a few weeks now but unfortunately due to unforseen reasons i dont have the funds anymore. So i have been looking at the 50" s10 at £699?

    What sort of quality can i expect from this tv, i'm not bothered about all the extras anymore i.e viera cast, freesat, im wanting a decent picture. Are there any other manufacturers to look at instead for the money or should i stick with the panny?
    My minimum viewing distance is 9 1/2 feet and will be watching SD 80% if the time and HD and gaming the other 20%.
    any info. or advice welcomed.
    Thanks Carl
     
  2. Jazz Monkey Jr

    Jazz Monkey Jr Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2005
    Messages:
    13,578
    User Reviews:
    1
    Products Owned:
    2
    Products Wanted:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    137
    Location:
    Garstang, Lancs
    Ratings:
    +1,470
    Wait until next week for details, the newer models should be good value and you should find some older ones such as the s10 cheaper.
     
  3. Bonjour

    Bonjour Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2005
    Messages:
    136
    User Reviews:
    0
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +6
    You should be able to pick up the 46G10 for about £800 if you shop around.
     
  4. Carlos 1975

    Carlos 1975 Standard Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2009
    Messages:
    9
    User Reviews:
    0
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    leeds
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonc 46" g10 with 5 year warrenty for £825. does this sound like a good deal? or do you think i should wait for new models to arrive and hopefully a price drop? sounds like its a discontinued model though, so if anything did happen to it they would probably struggle to repair it?
     
  5. Carlos 1975

    Carlos 1975 Standard Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2009
    Messages:
    9
    User Reviews:
    0
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    leeds
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the difference between the s10 and g10 as i dont want the freesat and the s10 is much cheaper. to my naked eye am i going to see a difference?
     
  6. Carlos 1975

    Carlos 1975 Standard Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2009
    Messages:
    9
    User Reviews:
    0
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    leeds
    Ratings:
    +0
    Called into Dixons today and had a look at the S10 and i must say it looked very good, i asked if it was broadcasting in HD and they said no it wasn't it was just from a hard drive which he showed me. so i'm tempted to go for the 50" S10 because at £770 with a 5 year warrenty seems very good.
     
  7. davidmbell

    davidmbell Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2004
    Messages:
    398
    User Reviews:
    0
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    Leeds/Bradford (depends which side of the road I'm
    Ratings:
    +24
    Crown Point Retail park by any chance? Got two Panny's one above the other and the S is nearer the floor? Showing various country scenes, then some sort of circus? Been there seen that. ; )

    You can get it for £750 from Sound and Vision (IN STORE) with a 5 yr warranty here Panasonic VIERA TX-P50S10B (TX-P50S10|TXP50S10B|TXP50S10) 50inch HD Ready 400hz Plasma Television-Buy Online or In Store and they're based on the Armley Gyratory (spl!) where the old Comet used to be.

    Or get it from Bennetts for £665 (with new customer newsletter sign up 5% discount) then get a 5 yr warranty from Barneys for £74 https://www.barmey.co.uk/ssl/aspcart/warrantywiz3.asp?wtype=30

    I've just ordered this tv to arrive next sat.

    David
     
  8. Carlos 1975

    Carlos 1975 Standard Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2009
    Messages:
    9
    User Reviews:
    0
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    leeds
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I got the 50" S10 today and so far i'm delighted with my purchase. Watching the tv through the standard virgin box i think the picture is great :D even the likes of Dave which broadcasts poor quality is good. I put a blueray on and Yeah man, brilliant:smashin:value for money in my eyes.
     

Share This Page

Loading...