£800 at Currys. Best LCD???

xP I Deja Vu

Standard Member
OK, strange question here, I have a friend who broke his TV and was given £800 worth of vouchers he HAS TO spend at currys.co.uk. He wants to know what TV is the best one to go for. He wants at LEAST a 32" but would prefer larger if at all possible.

Thank you in advance.

thegaffer1

Standard Member
Just bought the 42" Toshiba Full HD 1080p LCD for £785 with free delivery.

Use the codes AW70TVS ( £70 off ) and YAW800 ( 5% off ).

You can also shop through quidco to get another 4% off brining the total down to £754.

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
I've seen them both and despite the reviews etc for me the Tosh is a better unit than the Samsung.

The 42 at the price it is, is daft!

xP I Deja Vu

Standard Member
Just bought the 42" Toshiba Full HD 1080p LCD for £785 with free delivery.

Use the codes AW70TVS ( £70 off ) and YAW800 ( 5% off ).

You can also shop through quidco to get another 4% off brining the total down to £754.

Where did you get it from??

Nevermind...lol Currys :p

thegaffer1

Standard Member
It does'nt matter anyway you do it.....:D, still comes out at the £785.

I actually bought the TV for my dad only 2 days ago. It will not be delivered until the 16th September. I have seen this TV up and running in Currys,connected to a HD DVD player and the picture was stunning. The only problem i had with it was the £1200 price tag. But at £754 im really tempted to get myself one aswell.

I have owned the 32WLT66 for over a year now and its superb. No motion blurring on sport and no juddering on picture so if im buying again it will be a toshiba.

ChrisGgr

After the codes below the Sony KDL-40S3000 seems to be an excellent choice!!(759£ total!!)

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
If it were the W series then yes, but the S isn't really on a par with the Tosh IMHO!

AndoverRed

The Tosh is on web exclusive and is £759.95 with the 5% discount. Nice.

The Sammy is £685 though. I think that I'll go and check them out in the flesh.

jobseeker

Currys just gave me a delivery date today of this coming Tuesday for my Tosh 42X3030D (I'm in Leeds). I paid £802 but Im happy enough if the tv's up to scratch.

ChrisGgr

I think you could have paid 784£ for this!!!(with the correct codes!!)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom