£700- Gaming build - Not much hardware knowledge.

steventhfc

Standard Member
Hi,

I've decided to opt into Desktop gaming (Battlefield, Bioshock, ARMA, etc) as I'm starting to do video editing and my laptop is not exactly suitable for either of those methods.

Therefore I've looked across the internet with my £700 limit and came across these items to build my PC and wondered whether you could tell me what you thought or whether you could build a better version for cheaper (long shot I know)

Please note that I want a system I don't want to be constantly upgrading with the new games coming out and I would ideally prefer to have it over clocked like in the links I've provided. Please note I do not need an OS, Monitor, SSID drive and Keyboard/Peripherals as I've bought them already previously.

Thanks.

CASE

CiT Vantage Midi Mesh Gaming Case with HD Audio, 4 Fans, Card Reader and No PSU - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Motherboard, CPU & RAM

Overclocked Core i5 2500K TO 4.6GHZ & ASUS P8Z77-V LX & CORSAIR 4GB DDR3 1600 | eBay

GPU

Sapphire HD 7850 OC Edition 2GB Dual DVI HDMI.. | Ebuyer.com

Hard Drive

Seagate 1TB Barracuda 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive.. | Ebuyer.com

PSU

Corsair CX750 Builder Series CX 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Hope that gives you the idea of what I'm looking at

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
What program do you use for video editing? Is it simply cutting down digital video or more than that? An i7 may be better if you're doing more intensive stuff along with 16GB ram if your files are multi GB in size.

Case is very poor. Spend a little extra IMO.

martyn3000

I agree with miss chief, if video editing you will need more RAM. 8-16 GB if you can.

GPU is fine, and overclock well. I might change the CPU for the 3570k if you can, it's the updated ivybridge version of the one you've chose.

LJx

The items are no where near £700 worth, you could do i7 3770K and at least a 7870 tahiti LE on that budget

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Agree with the above.
Wouldn't buy off ebay either. Check prices between scan, ebuyer, amazon and all the others.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Scan have a nice 3570K bundle at the moment for £380
Includes 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200.14 SATA 3 6GB/s 7200rpm 64MB Cache 8ms OEM NCQ
Cooler Master Elite 361 Black Mini Tower/Desktop
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H,
Intel Core i5 3570K,
8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
So say £80 for a PSU and £180 for a 7870 xt/le on top, your looking at £640 for a very good PC, just add windows

steventhfc

Standard Member

steventhfc

Standard Member
Agree with the above.
Wouldn't buy off ebay either. Check prices between scan, ebuyer, amazon and all the others.

The course and motherboard combo seems to be quite pricey.

Scan have a nice 3570K bundle at the moment for £380
Includes 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200.14 SATA 3 6GB/s 7200rpm 64MB Cache 8ms OEM NCQ
Cooler Master Elite 361 Black Mini Tower/Desktop
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H,
Intel Core i5 3570K,
8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
So say £80 for a PSU and £180 for a 7870 xt/le on top, your looking at £640 for a very good PC, just add windows

I did not spot that!

I'll have a look now, do you have a link by any chance?

Thanks
thumbsup.gif

bladedripper

Distinguished Member

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
steventhfc said:
Any reason why?

I've found everything I need anyways which is quite a good build in my price range. Thanks for the tips everyone.
Some members have had some terrible after sales dealings with them.

joelk2

Distinguished Member
I can highly recommend ocuk for parts. They might be a couple of quid dearer but have excellent CS. Recently bought my rig through them.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom