<£650 for a 1080p lcd tv - help wanted!

christianio

Standard Member
Morning all, :hiya:

I'm currently considering a massive revamp of my system at home which currently consists of a JVC 32" CRT tv, Toppy PVR, old Sony amp and a couple of Gale floorstanders.

I'm hoping to get a decent LCD TV with 1080p to take advantage of a Humax Freesat HD PVR, a Blu Ray player and (as the wife will not allow trailing speaker wire!) a sound bar that allows a 1080p signal to travel through it. I'm hoping to spend about £1k but realise it may be nearer to £1500... (I just won't tell the misses!)

:lease: I'm pretty new to this so bear with me but my question on this forum is:
1) Do I really need 1080p to take advantage of my occaisional Blu-Ray or Freesat HD watching?
2) Is this HITACHI FROM RICHER SOUNDS the best bet for me or should I be looking at something else?
3) Is there anything else I haven't considered?

I have spent the last few nights pouring over this site and congratulate on such a wealth of information. :clap: I apologise that I may have lots of little questions popping up but appreciate any help you can offer!

RAZAUL28

Standard Member
Morning all, :hiya:

I'm currently considering a massive revamp of my system at home which currently consists of a JVC 32" CRT tv, Toppy PVR, old Sony amp and a couple of Gale floorstanders.

I'm hoping to get a decent LCD TV with 1080p to take advantage of a Humax Freesat HD PVR, a Blu Ray player and (as the wife will not allow trailing speaker wire!) a sound bar that allows a 1080p signal to travel through it. I'm hoping to spend about £1k but realise it may be nearer to £1500... (I just won't tell the misses!)

:lease: I'm pretty new to this so bear with me but my question on this forum is:
1) Do I really need 1080p to take advantage of my occaisional Blu-Ray or Freesat HD watching?
2) Is this HITACHI FROM RICHER SOUNDS the best bet for me or should I be looking at something else?
3) Is there anything else I haven't considered?

I have spent the last few nights pouring over this site and congratulate on such a wealth of information. :clap: I apologise that I may have lots of little questions popping up but appreciate any help you can offer!

Hello there,

From what i know and i stand to be corrected you will only need a 1080p if your screen is 32" or larger. Also since you will be using your TV for the occasional Blu ray it may not matter so much to have a TV with 1080p!

christianio

Standard Member
Thanks for that Razaul.

I'll probably be getting a 37" or 42" set. There is also the possiblilty of watching Freesat HD if I go down that route.

I wish there wasn't so much choice - aaggh!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom