1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£600 to spend Denon? Jamo? Teac? Other??!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Kier2004, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Kier2004

Kier2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well here we go again! The age old question gets asked agian! What would you suggest?

Jamo DVR50 Package, Have read the system has good sound+picture etc, but has loads of reliability problems

Denon DHT 550SD, Everyone seems to love this one....unsure about the looks!

Teac Legacy (£599) from Richer sounds. Dont know much about this one other than it was alot more money when it first came out.

Will Be connecting one of the above to a Component ready CRT TV (have not decided which one yet...panasonic or Tosh probably)

Im after a balanced sound with a powerful deep bass response and the best picture reporduction possible.

Any advice would be greatfully received

Cheers

2. spookster

spookster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Before I discovered this forum, I was set to be a Sony system (the one with wireless back speakers).

I opted for the Denon 550 in the end. And I do not regret it, not for a second. Personally, I love the way it looks and adore the speakers.

Everything about the system is class.

Got everything, including my ps2, running through the amp. All in all, its a stunning piece of kit.

3. aldo

aldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just bought a teac legacey from richer sounds .onley had it a week but im really pleased with it ,its got a nice remote too.i had a dav sc5 before that and that was good too until it broke

4. MattyKHZ

MattyKHZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I was going to get the Teac but opted for the Denon 550 as it offers more. Teac was always the daddy in my eyes and natural replacer of F100 Denon system. But it does seem that technology has trickled down in price so why not get the Denon which can do 6.1 compared to the Teac which is only 5.1.

Got mine from Superfi for 550 quid including speakers and multiregion. Extra speaker is 50 quid to get the 6.1 sound and stands another 50 quid a pair.