£60 Budget for earphones..

NinjaTheory

Hey guys.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I could do with some advice please.

I don't get out much due to an illness I have, so I spend alot of time listening to music, the last pair of earphones I had were a set of Goldring GX200, but they have just broken :(

So I'm looking to buy a new, more modern set of earphones with a budget of around £60, now I don't listen to any one style of music, it's all really varied, so a good all round set is whats needed, what would you all suggest?

Thanks...

Drubbing

THe Shure SE115 comes in around that price. Haven't heard them, but are quality products across the brand.

Does it have to be in ears, I would have though they'd get a bit much over long periods?

If not, I would recommend the Koss KSC 75 clip ons. They're open backed, which sounds more natural, and don't let the price fool you, they are exceptionally good.

In full size, considering you spend a lot of time indoors, and are listening a lot, I'd also recommend the Koss Porta Pro. THe Beyerdynamic DTX models are also around your price, and are very good too. At the other end, going to 90 quid if you can, are the Grado SR60. These are a great investment, just terrific sounding phones over all genres.

I think the above are all great value and very good phones and can be run off iPods etc.

I'm sure you'll get recommendations for a raft of different Sennheisers, so I'll leave them to those who've heard them. I've had the CX300 and while a big seller, I found them all bass/treble - no mids, so no warm sound.

andrewtayloruk

I'm not 'shure' of the exact price, but I'd vote for Shure E2C - I got some when in the states and they've been excellent. Shure customer support is great, mine developed a fault and they replaced them (in the UK) with no problems at all.

I think I paid around £50 but the exchange rate was better (this was a few years ago, they might be cheaper now.)

Andrew

NinjaTheory

Thanks for the replies guys, I have actually been looking at the Shure earphones, the 210's is it? I can maybe stretch my budget for something like that, but then theres also the Ultimate Ears range for around that price.

ABC1

Personally would go for some Ultimate Ears, Dixons online are doing the Superfi 3 for just over £48 at the moment, about £10-15 cheaper than anywhere else. use these with the supplied comply tips, and you get fantastic sound. Much as I don't like to say it but I do agree with the What HiFi five star award for these, the comply tips give the bass that they suggest might be better.

NinjaTheory

Personally would go for some Ultimate Ears, Dixons online are doing the Superfi 3 for just over £48 at the moment, about £10-15 cheaper than anywhere else. use these with the supplied comply tips, and you get fantastic sound. Much as I don't like to say it but I do agree with the What HiFi five star award for these, the comply tips give the bass that they suggest might be better.

Thanks! they look perfect for my needs.

One thing though, might be a daft question, but will they sound better than my old Goldring ones?

Thanks...

[email protected]

At your budget, I'd recommend reading some reviews of Nuforce NE-7M. Google Nuforce NE-7M reviews and you should get a couple of links to Head Fi, plenty of feedback over there.

It's almost impossible to audition in-ears, so like you, I rely on other people's opinions and reviews to help decide.

I'm currently looking for something to replace my broken Denon's and these are on my shortlist.

ABC1

Can't say about the Goldrings sound, as have never tried them only Sennheiser cx300 and Apples own upgrade earphones, Skullcandy Titans, all of which the UE's are better than.
With regards to the NuForce phones, arn't they for the iPhone? with a built in microphone? Not sure NinjaTheory has one of these.

slimgym

your goldring earphones are no match for the ultimate ears having used both i thought the goldrings were not worth the money and i paid 13.99 for them on the other hand paid 55.00 for ultimate ears and worth every penny..

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom