• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

£550 budget.. want 32"

juLZ007

hey all, im looking for a 32" tv, and i have a few questions:

1) is 100hz really that important? i heard on some models such as the M87 it makes the picture worse (introduces artifacts)

2) i know its personal preference, but i think i prefer a non-glossy tv surround as a matt one seems to make the eyes steer toward the tv picture and not the tv as a whole.. does anyone else feel this? its not something to sway my buying decision though :)

3) do i need 1080p? i will be watching upscaled movies and sd freeview initially, also playing racing games (gran turismo 3), and watching football on it, but as i will keep the tv for longer i will want to watch hd through it and blu ray movies... i know it doesnt make much difference at a distance of 6+ feet, but also using it (possibly) as a computer monitor.. although the chance is slim as ive got a nice dual screen setup as a primary display i may connect a media centre to the tv in the future (although this is a thought nothing concrete)

the tvs ive been looking at are:

M87
R87
32D3000

any other suggestions for price and quality? what about the new samsungs.. are they that much better than the old?

help much appreciated

juLZ007

my reservation for the samsungs is that my friend has a 37M87 and the point at which the colours change is very poor

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Between those 3 the 32D3000 is still the best,the new samsungs are very good

ocelot20

Sorry for hijacking this thread but instead of making a new thread I have about £400 - £450 and want a 37" HDTV for my 360,PS3,Wii with at least 1 HDMI port. Am know good with tvs so would like to leave it with the professionals.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom