1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£500 to spend, 5.1 speaker setup.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ArsoN, Jun 15, 2005.

1. ArsoN

ArsoN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I've narrowed my choices to 2 atm.

Wharfedale Diamond 9 Home Cinema Package at £500

And

Tannoy Fusion AV2 Speaker Package at £400

My total budget is £600 for a basic setup, since this is my first buy. I was just curious if anyone knew any other possible options? I'm leaning towards the Tannoys atm since it'll leave some cash over after cabling for a comfortable chair perhaps. Looking at also buying a Yamaha RVX450 AV reciever for powering the whole system. Display is an Epson EMP-TW10H, source currently is a Toshiba SD-125E DVD player.

Main use will be for movies only, and for music listening I have Wharfedale floor standers I can use, assuming I can plug those into the B ports for the front speakers on the AV reciever, and use them alone. Will be upgrading to an HTPC for another source when money allows.

ArsoN.

[Edit]

Also, I know it's good to demo speakers first, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in South Wales I could demo these? I live near Port Talbot, so Swansea/Cardiff are my best options.

2. Passingbat

Passingbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,329
  3. ArsoN

ArsoN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just found the Canton power buy deals on the reciever sub forum. £240 for a full set of speakers, are they really that good? They just shot up in my books for such a cheap price (RRP seems around the same as the other options I'm looking at). It'd leave me plenty of cash for cabling, chair, AND redecorating my cinema room. Opinions on the Cantons?

4. crocandy

crocandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I have brought Cantons and am nothing but impressed with them. I ordered slightly differently to you but would definitley recommend them. Best bet is to speak to Jake James on the Canton forum see waht you can get etc.

Beaware that the prices is going up on the 20th July.

My system is 2 xcd 100's, 3 xcd 50 and aasd220 sub.

5. ArsoN

ArsoN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [Edit] Nvm, just come across the new pricing. CD1 remains the same. :D