1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£500 to buy a DVD player - help !

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DanT, Jun 4, 2002.

1. DanT

DanT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I trust you all more than the shops assistants selling selective brands so.....

I have a Wharfedale DVD player 750s one of those Tesco jobs.
    It's all very nice but i have noticed that my gamecube has a sharper image with it's RGB cable than the scart effort on the DVD player. So ithink i should get a RGB output DVD player. £500 is my max, i'musing it on a Tosh RPTV 42WH18B.
    but what DVD aplyer to buy ??? I'm readng lots of nice things about the Tosh 510, is this the one ???

Should i care about progressive scan with my tv?

thanks
    Daniel

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a sony 900 which i think is great and the sacd discs are great too cost me £330. The toshiba 510 is good i thought about buying that as it was £250 plays dvd audio and has progresive scanning only on ntsc though. I opted for the sony cos it looked better was more bulky which i thought would mean better sound and picture.
    both these machines got good reviews i think the sony got best overall but i think magazines can be biased towards sony

3. thewomble

thewomble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just upgraded from a Mico A980 to the Technics DVDa10 Players from Techtronics.com at a fraction of the original price, a real bargain.

I believe the only player worth its salt with progessive scan is Tosh's there may be others now, nearly went for one of these but plumped for the Technics, also with progessive scan only works on NTSC disc so make sure your players multi-region abd region 1 software!