• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question £500 on 48" HD tv or £700 on 48"-50" 4K tv??

JINGLE

Novice Member
Hi guys i had my head set on buying the Samsung 48H6400 about 6 months ago after ready very good reviews on here but a few things happened which delayed me getting around to it.
Now im ready to buy again i can see after a quick read that the prices of 4K sets have dropped fairly so my question is:

Samsung H6400 48" for <£500

OR 1 of the following all 4K and under £700 from John Lewis (want to buy from here for the 5 yr warranty...)

Samsung UE48JU6400 LED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV 48" - £699
Sony Bravia KD49X8005 4K Ultra HD LED Android TV 49" - £699
Panasonic Viera TX-50CX680B LED 4K Ultra TV 50" - £699

i was tempted just to buy the older 48" 1080 HD Samsung H6400 but if the 4K sets are better then makes sense to spend the extra now while im upgrading anyway...

thanks, Jamie

Last edited:

JINGLE

Novice Member
also, i will mainly use it for watching movies and sports etc on SKY HD box, don't use it for gaming but will be linked up to pc to watch films etc in 4k

HAILOS

Novice Member
You might get over a hundred views and no replies if you have the same luck as me lol.
Those 4k TV's you listed would be the ones I would short list too..but also consider the panny CX700

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom