£50 off TT910 at PC World

S

steve_d

In case you are getting one, the store price is £499 and they won't budge on that BUT... if you go online, the price is less than £450. Chose 'add to basket' , go to check out, chose 'pick up from store', this then gives you an option to locate your nearest store. You can then pick up from store and you don't pay until you collect it! I did just this but ended up changing it twice and getting a refund - all the faults you read about are true. Must admit though, when it was working it worked fine although it was a little on the chunky side. Now got a Nuvi 360 - much more portable.

ebony

Novice Member
if you want a tomtom go910 for £365 and have an egg card use the following link http://www.dixons.co.uk/?camp_id=egg

When you get to the basket use the following promotional codes

309704TT
PERKZ20DIX

That should bring the cost down to £405 and then you will get 10% cashback from egg, making the cost £364.5.

If you just want a go510, use the code 758874TT and PERKZ20DIX, final price after egg cash back is £254.

fox1

Standard Member
hi ebony
any discount codes for the tom tom710:thumbsup:
seeing probs on 910, hopefully had long enough to sort this unit out
cheers rog

ebony

Novice Member
no specific codes for 710, sorry.

I've had a 510 and a 910, the only slight problem with both was the mount, which isn't strong enough to support the weight of the unit, but I'm quite lucky as I have the unit resting on the dash anyway so get no problems.

Tomtom will provide you with a new mount if you get any issues.

Dixons do not have any 710's in at the moment

What specific issues with the 910 do you think you may have ?

sibeer

Thanks for the info. I have just ordered a tomtom510 :thumbsup:

fox1

Standard Member
hi ebony
really the cutting out and reset,crappy bracket, people saying chargers are rubbish.
reviews on amazon and sites like this, people on there 3rd 910 ect
my uncle has the old 700 and its fab, i need it for france, but off to america next year so 910 looks better bet.
the only worry buying online is having to return if faulty!
i luv the look of nuvi 350, which is europe not america,more so cause of size against tom tom.
dixons did had 710 other nite obviousley people waiting 4 it as its had more of a testing with the 910 issues,which must have cost tom tom a packet to sort out
cheers rog

ebony

Novice Member
fox1 said:
hi ebony
really the cutting out and reset,crappy bracket, people saying chargers are rubbish.
reviews on amazon and sites like this, people on there 3rd 910 ect
my uncle has the old 700 and its fab, i need it for france, but off to america next year so 910 looks better bet.
the only worry buying online is having to return if faulty!
i luv the look of nuvi 350, which is europe not america,more so cause of size against tom tom.
dixons did had 710 other nite obviousley people waiting 4 it as its had more of a testing with the 910 issues,which must have cost tom tom a packet to sort out
cheers rog

The bracket (mount) is known to be tempremental, but I think this depends on whether you get a good one or not, and also the position of the car mount. Personally I have had a 510 and a 910 and both have had no problems with the mount. But I agree it shouldn't be a lottery whether the car mount will work for you or not.

The charging not working when the device is mounted is related to the above, but at least the new firmware doesn't cut the power if the device becomes disconnected from the mount power supply.

My experience with my 910 and 510 is that the mount has been rock solid, I have never had the unit cut out and have not had to reset the device once; but after having read some of the online reviews I think I am just very lucky.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom