£50+ a month and nowt to watch

suffolktoon

Ex Member
Reaction score
Ok, there was the cricket today, but I'm not interested in it. Loads of other channels and nothing on. Channels badged as HD but hardly any HD output.

It's rare to get mugged once never mind more than once. To get mugged every month is ridiculous.

Well there are dozens of native HD program on today spread across the HD channels on the EPG, of course there is nothing to be done if none of them are of interest or you have (like many of us) have gone HD crazy in the first few weeks:)

suffolktoon said:
Ok, there was the cricket today, but I'm not interested in it. Loads of other channels and nothing on......

Nothing on ? Sounds like you need an engineer ! :)

I guess it depends what you're into. So far I've enjoyed loads of stuff on HD and to be honest have become a bit of an Addict!!:rolleyes: Most of the stuff I watch is on BBC HD to be honest but the following have been good/enjoyable on SKY HD

lots of stuff on "Discovery"
lots of stuff on "Nat Geographic"
lots of stuff on "Artsworld"
ocassional stuff on "SKY One" e.g. "The Cable Guy" "Mysterious Island"

I didn't think "The Hades Factor" looked much better than SD to be honest. I find the difference is noticeable on people's faces, e.g. how much you can see their complexion + on very small writing. For example, in "Bleak House" you could see every blemish on the cast's faces and you could read every word in each of the letters (I paused one and read the whole content:) ) but in the Hades factor, flesh tones were'nt very clear and some of the letters on signs in the movie were difficult to read. For me, this is usually the first sign of upscaled content as if these small details are blurred in the original print, they will stay blurred in the transfer.

Gae

suffolktoon said:
Ok, there was the cricket today, but I'm not interested in it. Loads of other channels and nothing on. Channels badged as HD but hardly any HD output.

It's rare to get mugged once never mind more than once. To get mugged every month is ridiculous.

What about making sure you record loads when you can't watch it so there is always something to watch when you can!

There could definately be more HD content, but I have been watching some really good stuff on Nat Geo HD and Discovery HD. Watched Oceans in Glass yeaterday and loved it, was about the Monteray Bay Aquarium, well worth watching.

Splitting hairs here I know, but HD is only £10 per month the other £40 is for the SD channels where there is loads of content.

Some of the films in HD are really good too, just don;t bother with the Terminal, we watched that last night and it was some tiresome. Was the misses choice and even she thought it was naff.

suffolktoon said:

I think it's time you should useSky+ functionality more. Just get into the habit of setting up recordings, and you'll find that you cannot watch all the things that you have recorded.

to the original poster, you're not paying £50 per month though, you're paying £10 per month for the HD, the remaining £40 gets you every other channel in SD...

Christophe said:
to the original poster, you're not paying £50 per month though, you're paying £10 per month for the HD, the remaining £40 gets you every other channel in SD...
Well said. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom