£5 Blu's @ Play

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 35 I believe

http://www.play.com/Search.html?sea...earchsource=0&searchstring=f1v3p0und20n1y+blu

Maybe more so please post them as found:

No TITLES
1 14 Blades
2 17 Again
3 A Perfect Getaway
4 An Education
5 Apocalypto
6 Astroboy (Double Play)
7 Becoming Jane
8 Dear John
9 Disaster Movie
10 District 13
11 Doctor Who: Planet Of The Dead
12 Dorian Gray
13 Downfall
14 Equilibrium
15 Frozen
16 Furry Vengeance (Double Play)
17 Hannibal Rising
18 Kill Switch
19 Last Chance Harvey
20 Lesbian Vampire Killers
21 Lord Of War
22 Love Happens
23 Mercenary For Justice
24 Milk
25 Never Back Down
26 Outlander
27 Red Cliff (aka: Chi Bi)
28 Seraphim Falls
29 Sex Drive
30 The Devil's Rejects
31 The Fall
32 The Football Factory
33 The Good, The Bad, The Weird
34 The Messengers
35 Three Kingdoms: Resurrection Of The Dragon
36 Traitor
37 Transporter 3
38 Underworld 3: Rise Of The Lycans
39 Until Death
40 We Were Soldiers

Last edited:
Hey ther buddy :hiya:

Annoying...I put them all up 1 by 1 and turns out some bugger on HUKD already had the list after all...I could have just stole it from them :facepalm: :laugh:

You ok bud? You got your AC Ryan working properly now?

Hey ther buddy :hiya:

Annoying...I put them all up 1 by 1 and turns out some bugger on HUKD already had the list after all...I could have just stole it from them :facepalm: :laugh:

You ok bud? You got your AC Ryan working properly now?

LOL, I just copied and pasted all of them at once from Play into notepad and deleted the rubbish.

I've deleted my post as there's no need to have the info there twice. :smashin:

I'm fine, still at work but doing sod all ATM. The AC Ryan's fine, I have 2 of the now - great little machines.

Hope you and the family are good too. :)

Note the Red Cliff is not the SE but the theatrical shorter version.

LOL, I just copied and pasted all of them at once from Play into notepad and deleted the rubbish.

I've deleted my post as there's no need to have the info there twice. :smashin:

I'm fine, still at work but doing sod all ATM. The AC Ryan's fine, I have 2 of the now - great little machines.

Hope you and the family are good too. :)

I need to sort mine out tbh...its sitting in the cupboard doing nothing, but there's been no need since I got the Revo and went with XBMC...might sell it tbh :(. Any idea of the going rate for these?

Be rude not to get Downfall and Milk

nice one, found 3 films worth getting from that, but 5 in total as theres no point having transporter 3 without the 1st 2, so grabbed the double pack also which still works out at a fiver a piece :)

just to note, amazon also have a few of those titles at the same price after a quick scan so looks like its some sort of deal doing the rounds

Last edited:
just to note, amazon also have a few of those titles at the same price after a quick scan so looks like its some sort of deal doing the rounds

No, Amazon simply price matched Play like they always do.

that i did not know, but handy for future reference

we were soldiers for £5, decent prices there, thanks op

we were soldiers for £5, decent prices there, thanks op

LOVE that film, its seriously awesome! Usually around £7 which is a bargain anyway IMHO. One of the best 'Nam films there is (and I collect Nam films)...possibly 3rd best (1-Platoon, 2-Apocalypse Now)

LOVE that film, its seriously awesome! Usually around £7 which is a bargain anyway IMHO. One of the best 'Nam films there is (and I collect Nam films)...possibly 3rd best (1-Platoon, 2-Apocalypse Now)

It's good, but I wouldn't place it 3rd in my list of favourite 'nam films.

1 - Platoon
2 - Apocalypse Now
3 - Full Metal Jacket
4 - The Deer Hunter
5 - We Were Soldiers
6 - Hearts and Minds
7 - Goodmorning Vietnam
8 - Hamburger Hill
9 - Casualties of War
10 - Born on the Fourth of July

Fingers crossed that Platoon will be sitting waiting for me when I get home from work...oops...speaking of which, I should really get back to doing some work! :D

EDIT: Does Tigerland count as a 'Nam film? If so, that may make the top ten for me.

Last edited:
It's good, but I wouldn't place it 3rd in my list of favourite 'nam films.

1 - Platoon
2 - Apocalypse Now
3 - Full Metal Jacket
4 - The Deer Hunter
5 - We Were Soldiers
6 - Hearts and Minds
7 - Goodmorning Vietnam
8 - Hamburger Hill
9 - Casualties of War
10 - Born on the Fourth of July

Personal choice I think. Personally I think FMJ isn't that great or GMV (thats not to say I don't like them though...GMV always makes me think of another film I also like - Air America :laugh: )....but I also split out the Vietnam War vs After-effects so I think of Deer Hunter/H&M/4h July as different types of films if that makes sense? If I was doing a top 10 on both combat and non-combat I'd include 'The Boys In Company C', drop a few of those down, a couple out and I'd push CoW up higher....personally anyway. However I always question whether certain films that include Nam scenes would be included. I loved the Nam sections in Dead Presidents and Forrest Gump :rotfl:

Re the UK Blu of We were soldiers, I have this. Even for a fiver I wouldn't bother as it has some serious issues. The opening credits are missing as are the scene captions that appeared as overlays during the film giving the exact times that incidents happened. These were on the original DVD release. I understand that the US Blu is fine. :mad:

Personal choice I think. Personally I think FMJ isn't that great or GMV (thats not to say I don't like them though...GMV always makes me think of another film I also like - Air America :laugh: )....but I also split out the Vietnam War vs After-effects so I think of Deer Hunter/H&M/4h July as different types of films if that makes sense? If I was doing a top 10 on both combat and non-combat I'd include 'The Boys In Company C', drop a few of those down, a couple out and I'd push CoW up higher....personally anyway. However I always question whether certain films that include Nam scenes would be included. I loved the Nam sections in Dead Presidents and Forrest Gump :rotfl:

Can't remember the Nam section of Dead Presidents (is that the one about bank robbers?). The Nam scenes in F.G. are great - I agree with you there. But I have to disagree with you regarding FMJ - I think it's a great film, but with two quite distinct parts.

There are lots of other great films out there about the after effects of the Vietnam war and the impact it had on peoples lives that we haven't yet mentioned. Those that immediately spring to mind are:

Birdy
Jacob's Ladder
Taxi Driver (kind of)
Rambo :smashin:

Can't remember the Nam section of Dead Presidents (is that the one about bank robbers?).

Yeah thats the one...Chris Tucker's in it and the lad from Menace II Society. Nam scenes aren't bad... Chris Tucker's getting addicted to Heroin etc and the Preacher with the head in a bag :laugh:

The Nam scenes in F.G. are great - I agree with you there. But I have to disagree with you regarding FMJ - I think it's a great film, but with two quite distinct parts.

Don't get me wrong...I like FMJ but I just don't think its all that. Can't help but feel somethings missing when I watch it

There are lots of other great films out there about the after effects of the Vietnam war and the impact it had on peoples lives that we haven't yet mentioned. Those that immediately spring to mind are:

Birdy
Jacob's Ladder
Taxi Driver (kind of)
Rambo :smashin:

Not seen Birdy...I'll take a look for that. There are TONS of films that deal with after effects of Vietnam...some that have it at the heart of the story and some that have it as a side story/back story (you could even class Lethal Weapon in that :laugh: ). Just found this whilst googling Birdy - IMDb: War in Vietnam and Years following ahead (A war of choppers, planes, agent orange, napalm and close combat in Jungles) - a list by samnigam20

Gardens of Stone is ok too if you haven't seen that....quite interesting viewpoint

IMDb: The 10 Greatest Vietnam War Films Of All Time - a list by vectormanp

weirdly just found this which includes that. Couple I haven't seen BUT couple I wouldn't put in a top 10 myself(including Gardens) ...odd choices.

EDIT - Just seen you edit. Yeah I'd probs count Tigerland...only cause its awesome though lol. And for something slightly different I quite liked 'R Point'

Last edited:
Re the UK Blu of We were soldiers, I have this. Even for a fiver I wouldn't bother as it has some serious issues. The opening credits are missing as are the scene captions that appeared as overlays during the film giving the exact times that incidents happened. These were on the original DVD release. I understand that the US Blu is fine. :mad:

Cheers didn't know that....only watched the BR once tbh and wasnt paying full attention...watched the DVD dozens of times though. Might download the US version and compare before getting an import :thumbsup:

Looks like afew more have been added though i maybe mistaken ... Im goin to get 'the messengers' i think.

Looks like afew more have been added though i maybe mistaken ... Im goin to get 'the messengers' i think.

:smashin:

Updated. Let me know if I have missed any

Picked up furry vengence, the messengers and frozen, bit of a mix but at a £5ver its a great price. Would like morre but gotta keep a lid on the pennies! Spent alot already :rotfl:

MrKennedy said:
Picked up furry vengence, the messengers and frozen, bit of a mix but at a £5ver its a great price. Would like morre but gotta keep a lid on the pennies! Spent alot already :rotfl:

Yeah got furry vengeance and astroboy myself

Sent from my secret lair via my personal midget Miguel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom