1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£450 to Spend on a new TV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Ango, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Ango

Ango
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

I need to replace my ancient sony tv with something a bit newer. I will have an RF Feed coming from our main home cinema which will have Sky+. Looking for something with a decent picture quality.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance! :clap:

2. billystevo

billystevo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hi, I have just gone and bought a PHILIPS 32PW6518 here in Ireland for £413.stg and it has 2 tuners. I am picky with pic quality but after 2 days dabbling I am well impressed with the 6518. Try a few search engines like kelkoo and pricerunner. I looked at SONY and Panasonic as well but opted for the philips. It has some nifty features, eg u can go from av to an rf ch by just pressing the ch no on remote. My old pana u had to press av 1st then ch no. There are loads of screen options with the 6518, zoom, wide, 14:9, etc but it has this nifty one, say u are watching 4:3 it allows u to zoom it a tad bigger ie in steps, very very useful. Sound is not the best but as most people use an amp thats no big deal.

At the end check them all out if u can, jvc, toshiba are also good,read the specs carefully, the 6518 does not have an s-video din socket.

gbmitey