1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£45 'iTax' for iPods?!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Zara, May 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Zara

Zara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Read that in a newspaper the other day.

:eek:

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,220
    free metro on buses right?
    1. dutch think tank proposal to dutch goverment
    2. rest of article says unlikely in UK
    3. government/Apple/shops aren't stupid - like customers will go for it
    4. record company bosses are stupid. They think: piracy? raise prices! fair enough, but why don't they ever think: people go pirate due to high prices. lets lower prices! lower prices = more customers = more money (in long term)

as for these illegal sites and their devotees, iTunes et al download figures are growing by the day.

3. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that rediculous, if it becomes law i will eat my hat. and why should it only apply to ipods, surly anything that can play digital music. pcs ,flash players, mp3 cd players, media centres, other mp3 hdd players.

4. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that rediculous, if it becomes law i will eat my hat. and why should it only apply to ipods, surly anything that can play digital music. pcs ,flash players, mp3 cd players, media centres, other mp3 hdd players.

and i totaly agree with that point 4. if they stopped trying to take the **** with insane prices and sold cds at a reasonable price i would buy more than download. as it is i refuse to pay £16 for a 12 track cd that costs aboue 20p to produce!