£400bn bailout but a "good day to bury bad news"

Moosh

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As almost everyone's attention is being diverted by what happening with the banks, a report came out about the uselessness of the £12bn Interception Modernisation Programme (UK.gov £12bn comms überdatabase 'wouldn't spot terrorists' - The Register).

It seems that not happy with ID cards the government must monitor all of our communications!

Why not save the £12bn and plough it into saving the economy?

Cheers
Moosh

This spying database to be set up by our public servants is absolutely disgraceful.

Only a few years ago they would not have dared but, with the passiveness of the British public in general, we are now not far away from a KGB-esk Owellian society.

Absolutely disgraceful!

This spying database to be set up by our public servants is absolutely disgraceful.

Only a few years ago they would not have dared but, with the passiveness of the British public in general, we are now not far away from a KGB-esk Owellian society.

Absolutely disgraceful!

they already collect all the data from all the companys that collect data (in exchange for keeping the laws lax) so they know everything about you, all your monthly bank and credit card balances, all your loans, how much you spend on shopping. The inland revenue has been beavering away with this info, catching a few people out who where buying food at M&S "beyond there means"

being invisible is becoming very hard

We've gone from a capitalist state to a communist one in a week... So a Police state the week after sounds about right.. :rolleyes:

When are the brainwashed, conditioned mass going to stop being led like sheep and stop being fooled by the Hegelian Dialectic, the corporate media is not there to inform and educate it is propaganda and psyop, the new world order is here and they are building there foundations, I said this 2 years ago the world economy would crash and before your eyes the implementation of centralised power would unfold in the form of one world bank and currency, it is not a secret, it is knowledge anyone can gain reading the right books written by people who should ****ing know, but no the mass would rather listen to a talking head or a sheet of propaganda fed to them in such a way they are unware they are being brainwashed and conditioned daily. sick.

Do you want to live in the new world order Brown openly stated he wants to build? I can tell you it aint pretty, the database is a "necessity" of course how can they build a new world order without the choas they will ensue, this necessity is to have the control to do the **** they want while knowing everything there little slaves are doing to stop the proles organising a informed mass, divide and conquer is there moto. If you give up your freedom and liberty for surcurity then you will have neither.

Last edited:
Are the black helicopters following you today?

Best birthday present my year 9 son received when he found out yesterday :D

Dave

Speaking in my professional capacity as a Lower School Achievement Manager :rolleyes: you can tell him from me that, whilst Year 9 SATs have been abolished, Year 9 itself hasn't, and he'll still have to work hard.

The good news is, of course, he can start working hard towards his GCSEs in English, maths and science a year earlier, which should make them a tad easier when they finally come round.

:thumbsup:

Steve W

A bit more data loss:
MoD loses most of the armed forces

:(

Cheers
Moosh

I USed to work for a Defence contractor and all of our data was encrypted bearing in ming it was a series of numbers that would mean nothing to 95% of the population and useless to 99.9% but the security round the storage of this data was nuts..... Then Civil servants just print out far more critical data and leave it on trains.... I aplied for a job at EDS once glad i didnt take it now....

When are the brainwashed, conditioned mass going to stop being led like sheep and stop being fooled by the Hegelian Dialectic, the corporate media is not there to inform and educate it is propaganda and psyop, the new world order is here and they are building there foundations, I said this 2 years ago the world economy would crash and before your eyes the implementation of centralised power would unfold in the form of one world bank and currency, it is not a secret, it is knowledge anyone can gain reading the right books written by people who should ****ing know, but no the mass would rather listen to a talking head or a sheet of propaganda fed to them in such a way they are unware they are being brainwashed and conditioned daily. sick.

Do you want to live in the new world order Brown openly stated he wants to build? I can tell you it aint pretty, the database is a "necessity" of course how can they build a new world order without the choas they will ensue, this necessity is to have the control to do the **** they want while knowing everything there little slaves are doing to stop the proles organising a informed mass, divide and conquer is there moto. If you give up your freedom and liberty for surcurity then you will have neither.

Their mate, their!

They've certainly used the financial mess to quietly drop the effort to hold "terror suspects" for 42 days without charge.

They made such a fuss about it before hand.

Best birthday present my year 9 son received when he found out yesterday :D

Dave
He need not have been concerned in the first place as they were a glorified means to put one in "GCSE groups". At most it would have inconvenienced him for a few hours next June :D

Speaking in my professional capacity as a Lower School Achievement Manager :rolleyes: you can tell him from me that, whilst Year 9 SATs have been abolished, Year 9 itself hasn't, and he'll still have to work hard.

The good news is, of course, he can start working hard towards his GCSEs in English, maths and science a year earlier, which should make them a tad easier when they finally come round.

:thumbsup:

Steve W

:D No worries there, he works hard, but that doesn't stop him being pleased the dreaded STATS have gone. ( I put the extra T in deliberately:))

Dave

They've certainly used the financial mess to quietly drop the effort to hold "terror suspects" for 42 days without charge.

They made such a fuss about it before hand.

I'm not sure they could arrange the Lords vote and bailout to come at the same time, Gordon's clever but...

I thought it was the Lords defeat of the 42 day stuff that sank it.

No, the government could have taken it back to the Commons and used the Parliament Act to overrule them. They didn't do this because they knew that they didn't have enough MPs to support it and they've blown all the money they could have used to bribe the DUP party into supporting it (like they did last time).

No, the government could have taken it back to the Commons and used the Parliament Act to overrule them. They didn't do this because they knew that they didn't have enough MPs to support it and they've blown all the money they could have used to bribe the DUP party into supporting it (like they did last time).

Which all means that the Lords defeat effectively sunk the 42 day thing. Which was timetabled well before the bank bailout was envisaged so it wasn't burying that particular bit of bad news.

Which all means that the Lords defeat effectively sunk the 42 day thing. Which was timetabled well before the bank bailout was envisaged so it wasn't burying that particular bit of bad news.

No, you're missing the point.

The government has the power to overrule the Lords. They chose to let it die, because they would not have got enough votes in the Commons to force it through.

No, you're missing the point.

The government has the power to overrule the Lords. They chose to let it die, because they would not have got enough votes in the Commons to force it through.

No, you're missing the point. Whatever the ins and outs of the Parliament Act, their likely majority in the commons, the amount of arm twisting they could have got away with, they couldn't sensibly drop it before the Lords vote and it was sensible to drop it after.

The timing of the Lords vote drove the timing of the decision to drop the 42 day thingie

:confused: Huh? It was their bill. They were the ones who introduced it in the first place.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom