Quantcast

£400 to spend!

M

mattruston

Come january i will have £400 to spend on speakers. my set-up is a ps2 for my dvds (i have it multi-regioned) and i have a optical out for it so i can listen to my dvds in dts :cool:

my television is a panny tx28 summin or other which has progressive scan, dts, dolby decoder, plus 3 satellite speakers. apparently it also has a built in subby but has about as much power as one of my gerbils:rolleyes:

so i'll be looking probably for now at least at getting a front left / right and a subby.
anything decent, preferably panny for that lot at or around £400?

S

sofaboy

you could try Kef Cresta, they are a great speaker for both music and surround effect. Richer Sounds sells them. Ive got the Cresta 1's as fronts and the Cresta 2's as rears...

But im sure theres better

D

Dom H

If I were you I'd spend the £400 on speakers alone then save up for a sub afterwards.

Doomlord_uk

Try something like the B&W DM602 S3s for £300 or the Wharfedale Pacific Evos for £250 and see how you like the bass. I rather doubt your TV's speakers actually produce any real bass... and save up for a sub. On your budget a sub would be hard to get that had any performance. Then again, paying cash, maybe you could get something like a REL Quake and some Cresta 1s? You'd have to waive some crisp paper notes and haggle a fair bit though...

M

mattruston

ive decided to up my budget considerably!! hope the missus doesnt lynch me and i think im going to go for the KEF-CODA90B floorstanders and the PSW1000 Subwoofer which will come to £450 + but with a trade in on my old wharfdales and my seperates shouldnt be too bad. probably will upgrade to a dvd-rw with mp3 capabilities so looking at about a grand at least :(
but its all worth it ;)

Top Bottom