1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

< £40 2.1 sound system for my PC

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by diddums100, Apr 23, 2003.

1. diddums100

diddums100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm just looking at getting some new desktop speakers for my PC and was interested in getting something a little better for my money than a £10 job so thought i'd spend a little more.. well.. i've looked at the logitech and creative offerings (the Creative Inspire 2.1 2400, and Logitech Z-340 2.1 Speakers) and was wondering if anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction as to which one was better.. OR if there is a speaker set i've missed which would be better? thanks for your help (in advance :D).

B@Th*nG

2. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    This months PC Pro is doing a test on several speakers. I would buy a copy and see for yourself.

This post may be better in the HTPC section of the forum

3. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The Logitechs I've been told are better than the cheaper Inspire systems, but the more expensive ones (i.e the 2800s) are meant to be good aparently.
    The Z340s can be had for £38 from Here

4. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Inspire is alright, it's the cheap setup I use at uni (mine is FAR too big for a dorm room). Take a while to break in, once there they are a bit harsh, the sound is very clinical. Subwoofer spits, pops and crackles at all but a whimper above minimum but that's honestly all it needs to balance the sound. Tis OK for 34 quid I suppose, sounds a lot better than cheaparsed hifi systems.

5. diddums100

diddums100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hmm.. i may side with the Logitech 1's purely because i've heard pretty much just good things about them... i've heard that they dont do high pitch sounds too well.. but i only use them for games and music so it shouldn't be that much of a problem. The creatives dont have a headphone jack as well which WILL get irritating cos i play CS with headphones on. That's for all your help.. if ne1 has nething else 2 add then it's much apprechiated!

B@Th*nG

6. avanzato

avanzato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    How about the S40 in the TDK tremor series Simply have them at £27 + postage.
    The sats look the same as the ones from the S60 in which case they sound nice, money seems to have been saved by using a smaller sub.