Question £3K Budget - What TV

Reaction score
Hello,

In the market for a new TV, likely to spend up to 3K. I am looking for the following:

- Min 65"
- HDR
- Good for Gaming (Xbox One S, PS4 Pro)
- Good for Movie watching
- UHD 4K

I am toying between lower spec 75" vs top range 65". Also I will be buying in March time when I move into new home, so may see some models with a price drop. Finally I do save 8% on Currys prices which can be taken into consideration.

So what would you guys go for?

I'm in a similar situation. I was in John Lewis today and had a chat to one of the salesmen there. Surprisingly clued up and knowledgeable (threw in a few questions to test him lol)

I want a really good panel with a quality natural picture.

He said Sony and Panny do natural pictures where as LG and Samsung are more into bright vivid colours.

Oled better for motion, blacks and detail. Especially when you have bright and dark together.

He said Sony and Panny are releasing Oled this year "perhaps summer". So I'm going to hang on for those.

I don't think I'll be happy with LED and I don't think I'll be happy with LG or Samsung. I'm sure lots of people would be, my mum and a close friend want their pictures to really pop but I want a more natural picture.

I am currently looking at LG B6 and C6 - It almost seems silly they are the same price but C6 uses the LG chipset AND has passive 3D, how much of a downside (if any) is a curved screen!?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom