£350ish for HDTV for PS3

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by wozza2k, Sep 12, 2007.

Tags:
  1. wozza2k

wozza2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Been looking around for a tv for aroung the £350 mark and sized 26" or 32".
    The two i have been left with are the SHARP LC26AD5E for £360, or the Sharp LC32SA1E for £360 as well. Been debating about which to get as one is bigger, whilst the other has freeview, with 2 hdmi sockets and is a newer model.

The other model i have looked at is the LG 26LC55 which has a good response rate but seems to have not as good an viewing angle, so i am really stuck as to what tv to get.

The ability to hook it up to the pc would be nice although it wouldn't be essential, so any reccomendations anybody?

2. Gregoroth

Gregoroth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Presuming it's not going to go in a living room as you say it's for the PS3, the viewing angle issue shouldn't be a problem to you.

If any of those TV's do 1:1 pixel mapping (or close enough to 1366x768 over VGA), then go for that for PC use, or Xbox 360.

If you're not going to be purchasing a ton of equipment, I wouldn't think too much about having more HDMI sockets etc. Switch boxes can always be bought to extend your connectivity. I'm guessing you can get HDMI switches too.

Remember to have a good search through the forums as these TV's tend to have an issue here or there and it's better you know about any potential problem that would sway your purchase.

Personally, I'd get the bigger screen, unless your room is quite small and/or you're sitting very close to it. In, say, 3 years time, you may upgrade your TV anyway as you're not paying for a top end set right now and as I see it currently, HDTV's won't come into full swing for a while yet, consoles aside. (unless your from the US as over the air HD broadcasts seem to be widely available)