£350 budget for DVD/HD recorder! Which one?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by HarryW, Oct 18, 2005.

1. HarryW

HarryW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

I know very little about DVD/HD recorders but would like to buy one. I have a budget of £350 to spend. I do not need a digital tuner and the recorder will be hooked up to a pioneer 436XDE plasma. There are a few things that are of a clear priority, Ease of use (my wife must be able to record on it), reliable programmable recording and good playback quality. It will not be used as the main DVD player so DVD playback quality is not essential. I am currently looking at the Pioneer DVR-530H-S but only because I have a pioneer telly. Any advice is appreciated.

2. anna the dub

anna the dub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have a Pioneer 630, just a slightly bigger hard drive than the 530, but basically the same machine. In my opinion it is a cracking little machine. Very easy to use, but also very versatile. Picture quality is impressive. Mine is connected to my JVC 32 inch flatscreen via prog scan and I am suitably impressed (I am hard to please). If you opted for this recorder I don't think you would be disappointed. I have mine now for about a month (previously I had a 420) and am chuffed to bits with it

3. HHGTTG

HHGTTG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Get that one then. The 630 model is over your budget and the 160GB HDD on the 530 model is plenty big enough for most people. You can get it online easily for that price or you could play over the odds and buy it from Comet for £399.99p and have it in your hands straightaway, albeit at a price premium!

:smashin: