1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£3000 Budget

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by marshy.dave, Aug 18, 2005.

1. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

The time has come for me to upgrade from my trusty 42" Hitachi Plasma (Will be mnoved to another room) to a projector setup.

I have 3k budget and am looking for the best I can get for my money. This is just to include the projector and the screen.

I have a 22ft long by 15ft rectangle room. The screen witll be going at one end in front of a window that is covered by curtains. Ideally I would like as big as screen as I can get, was hoping for 8ft in 16:9 format.

The projector will either be about 12ft to 15ft away if on the coffeee table or 18ft to 21ft if at the back of the room.

I have been looking at the Sony VPL-HS50.

No idea yet about the screen

Thoughts anyone

2. Zag

Zag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    £3000 to spend. No sensitivity to rainbows. New Optoma H79 a no brainer.

3. n0s

n0s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah but at 3000 he wont get a H79 plus an 8ft screen even if it is a manual as opposed to electric...

so if i were you i would wait, work a little harder get some more cash together and get the H79 and a decent Electric screen and voila your onto a winner...

4. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, so can you recommend a good quality screen

5. Zag

Zag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Saw this the other day. I can't vouch for it's quality but I thought it was well priced for a electric tab tensioned screen.

http://www.shootandshow.co.uk/nexnix_projection_screens/nexnix_tab_screens.htm

nOs you are right £3000 won't get a PJ and screen. My fault didn't read to the end of the paragraph.

However there are places that will do an electric 8ft screen at half price (£399) with the H79. I'm not too far out. ;)

As for a screen recommend all I can vouch for is Carada because that's what I've got. Unfortunately they only do fixed frame screens as far as I am aware.