£300 to spend on a 26" LCD

surreysprite

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am looking for an LCD of about 26". This will be my first HD TV and looking for an entry range model really hence my budget.

It will be used primarily for TV and maybe to hook up my laptop too. My laptop has a resolution of 1280 x 800.

I've seen sets for about £250 upwards but they tend to be unheard of brands.

Can anyone recommend a set?

James

Last edited:
Thanks very much, i'll take a look at them.

Is it worth paying the extra to get the 5 year warranty? I've never really gone in for that kind of thing but if i am buying a cheaper set is it wise to invest in this?

I would for £30 or so but then I am a cautious soul. RS used to some sort of warranty where if you did't claim you go the money back or something, may not apply to TVs

The Toshiba looks really good value for money. shame it has no d sub for PC input. My laptop only has a d sub output. Is it possible for me to get an adapter and connect to the tv compositie input?

Cheers,
James

The Toshiba looks really good value for money. shame it has no d sub for PC input. My laptop only has a d sub output. Is it possible for me to get an adapter and connect to the tv compositie input?

Cheers,
James

In the instruction book under Connecting a computer it states: Use a HDMI-to DVI adapter and analogue audio cables
That aside I have had the 26AV505 for a couple of weeks now, and I am very happy with it. I definetly recommend it

Last edited:
That's good to hear and i am very tempted by it.

My laptop only has the standard VGA dsub though so need to find out if i can use an adapter. this output is only analogue so presumably won't connect to HDMI without a pricey adapter i would have thought.

Well i can get a better 26" set for the price and i don't hanve enough room for a 32".

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom