1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£300 integrated or AVC A1D for Music ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Jimmysil, May 8, 2004.

1. Jimmysil

Jimmysil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Peeps

I am wondering if a £300 integrated amp would give an improvement to music over my Denon A1D. I know the Denon is to be supposed fairly musical for an av amp.

But I have read a few things, which would make me, think that a £300 amp would be better for music.

In one forum post someone said that their Marantz pm7200 was a big improvement over their AVC 10SE, which should be fairly similar in sound terms to my Denon.

So I was thinking of getting maybe a Marantz PM7200 to drive the fronts and for music. Am I mad?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

From my other posts you can see that I like my music to have good resolution, but at the same time not be tiring. I like things on the side of warm. As my Rega gives a good warm sound would it be a mistake to get the Marantz, which may be a little warm, its self.

Cheers

James

2. bluesfan

bluesfan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Marantz av amps are much warmer sounding than their integrated amps. I sent the 5400 back for that reason. The 7200 is a good amp though I haven't heard the ki version. The HK 670 is a killer for under 250 but there's only a few around (much brighter sounding than Marantz). Try rgbdirect. You're not the first person disappointed in ht stuff for music.

3. Jimmysil

Jimmysil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info.

Its interesting to hear that Marantz av receivers are warmer sounding, compaired to the integrated amps.
    I have owned 2 Marantz av receivers in the past (SR4200 and SR5300). Both had quite a warm sound IMO.