£2K to blow on TV and amp, should i wait for 2012 sets?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by scubadoo, Jan 4, 2012.

1. scubadoo

scubadoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Basically if I spend over £2k in one purchase on a 'business asset' I can claim the VAT back. :)

I've been going over the options for what seems like months, no wait, it is months! and i'm just so confused. I could go out and buy a 50" Panasonic VT30 or a 55" Samsung D8000 LED but should I wait until after CES? or wait till prices drop?

If I thought anyone was going to release a decent 47/50" full array LED with picture/motion quality comparable to the VT30 I'd be happy to wait. Unless it's another let-down like the LG 980T :rolleyes:

I'm sure there are others in the same boat.

It's just that I won't get another set for at least 5 years so i have to get it right!

Cheers

Dave

2. billyboy2012

billyboy2012

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Isn't the annual CES where all companies announce their 2012 products in a week or so? May give you an idea of what the companies are trying to do with their new line?

I'm in a similar situation to you, although want speakers amp bluray and tv for £2.5k

I will be in a position to buy in mid march, when I'm hoping to buy a decent 55" set for reasonable money when some companies are clearing lines ready for 2012 stock (which seems to come out around may June time).