<£2K integrated to power Wilson Benesch Arcs?

extremelydodgy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm getting back into speaker rigs after 'social conditions' around me forced me into headphones. I've bought a pair of Wilson Benesch Arcs, and had an integrated amp custom-built for me. Unfortunately cutting a long story short, the amp died rather spectacularly (and it was a really good thing that it was hooked up to a pair of cheap Sony speakers at that time...) due to a builder-induced problem and he can't afford to replace it. So I need to buy another one.

With the amp debacle, I've effectively thrown three grand into the toilet and I'm feeling the pinch a bit, but I want something that is as worthy of the Arcs as possible. I'm looking to extract the maximum bang for the buck in an integrated amp in the sub-£2000 bracket. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Ex dem Krell 400xi, MF308

Any reason not to get pre/power?

Hi there...sorry to hear about your amp problems.

I demo'd a set of Arcs a couple of years ago when I bought my N805s,and thought they were excellent speakers,but not suited to my room....in terms of amplification,I would definitely second the Krell integrated,and would also suggest something like a Chord integrated if you can find one at the right price(there should be a few around now).

Both of these amps have more than enough power,especially the Krell,and plenty of control,which I do think the Arcs benefit from(I was,and still am using Krell KMA100s)

GUS's point about an MF A308 is also well worth looking into if you fancy a smoother and richer sort of sound,without being too laidback.

Hi
Theres a s/h chord cpa2600 intergrated amp £2150 rrp £3600 going at www.moorgate.demon.co.uk if your intrested and they are open to offers so you might pay even less.
Cheers Gonzo.

I would add the Bel Canto evo integrated,superb control of the bass,and very clean in the treble,a stunning range of amps.You could also look at the new Sonneteer,which is about £1700.Also the new Copland CSA29,hybrid,all truley superb amps.

I would look at Unison Unico which is about £900 but dont be put off by its price, it is an exceptional amp but if you want more, they also do some very good, more expensive amps. Italian designed, the looks may not appeal to everyone but to me they are works of art.

I could also highly recommend JE Sugden, traditional looks and I would guess work work incredibly well with your Wilson's.

All great suggestions, thanks. I think I can only audition a certain number of those, but I have to say the Mu-Fi amp is looking like a good deal at the moment, that and looks like I can audition it at home as well. Keep them coming anyway.

Again, Krell or Chord. Also something I heard the other day Burmester 032. Really nice smooth and powerful amp. I think they're German.

Another vote for the Sugden A21 or similar- we have borrowed one for Performance voicing and fallen for it in a big way.

If I had this much for an integrated, I'd get an ATC SIA2-150. It looks very utilitarian, but it has amazing dynamics and soundstage, plus it can drive anything.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom