£2K, few ideas, WHAT TO GET!? HELP!

R

Rufio_uk

Hey guys, looked at a few of the threads regarding some of the LCD's I'm considering getting but few mixed feelings and few older threads (so some problems may have been worked out via updates etc)....

Basically im after a GOOD 40"-42" LCD and have have looked at afew and have decided on the Phillips 42PF9832d but have read that few people have had probs (but all TV's seem to have something bad said bout them!) plus theres a new 1080p version coming out.. should I wait for that? just wanted some advice...

TO BUT OR NOT TO BUY!? any other options? :lease:

Cheers

Rufio

Nielo TM

Novice Member
R

Rufio_uk

Thanks for the advice, looked at the 40w2000 it was a toss up between the two. Not a big fan of Plasma's as ive heard they suffer badly from images burning onto the screen. Still unsure which to go for outta the two? anyone had good/bad recent experience of either? also gonna be running my 360 on which ever i go for (getting a Wii soon to), anyone know which is best for running consoles?

Batch

Novice Member
why not the Sony 40X2000?

R

Rufio_uk

saw the x series set in my local comet and to be honest wasn't that impressed, W series was setup next to it and it looked far better. Now I know the settings are never set to teh best in stores but prefered the W series. such a hard thing to pick a tele now adays :)

Anyone heard any news on the new version of the Phillips? is it the 42PFL98332D?

messier0101

I received my 40W on Wed from John Lewis (highly recommend them :smashin:) and in all honesty i love it! I watched Planet Earth in SD (repeat) and the picture was nothing short from stunning, and I can't wait to see HD on it.

S

Shahel

Thanks for the advice, looked at the 40w2000 it was a toss up between the two. Not a big fan of Plasma's as ive heard they suffer badly from images burning onto the screen. Still unsure which to go for outta the two? anyone had good/bad recent experience of either? also gonna be running my 360 on which ever i go for (getting a Wii soon to), anyone know which is best for running consoles?
I haven’t had much experience with Pioneers but iv left my plasma on for hours and at times on static images for 30-60mins at a time and have had no screen burn issue, not to say that’s something you should do but I would say now owning a LCD my next screen will not be a LCD (all being the price of 1080P plasmas come down in price)

Nielo TM

Novice Member
That Sony and Pioneer are your best option lol. Burn-in is no longer an issue (refer to my guide) and you do have to worry about motion blur.

PS: Why are you so interested in Philips LCDs?

R

Rufio_uk

Not really sure why I keep going towards the phillips. its not phillips Televisions in general its just their Full Surround Ambilight set that I seem to like... shameful i knw ;)

Do like the Sony however.

Thanks for all the advice tho guys, keep the opinions/advice coming! ill keep ya postd

rounddodger

Standard Member
saw the x series set in my local comet and to be honest wasn't that impressed, W series was setup next to it and it looked far better. Now I know the settings are never set to teh best in stores but prefered the W series. such a hard thing to pick a tele now adays :)

Anyone heard any news on the new version of the Phillips? is it the 42PFL98332D?
I have the X and my mate has the W. Mine is definately better.