£26.71 @ Asda from midnight tonight until sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUBBST4R

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just seen this advertised in the papers for £26.71 at Asda from midnight tonight. Very surprised that Tesco are not also advertising a similar competitve deal.

My Game order was despatched 2 days ago and not arrived. Very tempted to pick this up from Asda tonight and return my sealed Game order for a refund, saving over £10 in the process.

I only wished Tesco were doing similar deal because its a 10 minute walk from my house :)

yeah I reserved a copy last week in asda, heading down at midnight

Tesco are meant to be selling the PS3 version for under £25....let's hope the 360 version is the same price.

I can't get there tonight, so shall have to pop to Tesco / Asda in the morning, hopefully they'll still have some left in stock.

I was about to post this there is a huge promo in the one i went in to today.

Lesser of two evils now, do I send the mrs tesco which is closer but it's slightly more expensive or does she go asda which is a car journey away lol

Lesser of two evils now, do I send the mrs tesco which is closer but it's slightly more expensive or does she go asda which is a car journey away lol

You mean she can't be in two places at once ?.:eek:

I called Tesco customer services to check when it would be available to buy at my local 24hr store (Wellingborough, Northants) and they confirmed that there would be no midnight launch. They said that the game would be available to buy from around 7:30 in the morning.

My local Asda are having a midnight launch. I popped in about 4pm today to reserve a copy. He even let me touch the box :rotfl:

Oh and there was 2 lads queing already with a flask! :eek:

My local Asda are having a midnight launch. I popped in about 4pm today to reserve a copy. He even let me touch the box :rotfl:

If there's a queue tonight I won't get it, will wait around and get it tomorrow during the day sometime.

Please tell me you're kidding about the queuing!

I'm going down to the local Asda at midnight. Or should I go earlier? I'm sure it won't bring a huge crowd... Or will it?

My local Asda has 300 copies on ps3 and 360. Good times!

Last edited:
I called in my local Asda around 4pm, just to confirm they were doing the midnight launch, the guy wouldn't say how many copies they had, but after all the enquiries, they were expecting queuing to start around 9pm.

I'm just going to go in around 11.30 (I'm not desperate enough to save less than a tenner, that I'll stand in a queue for 3 hours:D) if they sell out, I've got a couple of Tescos within 10 mins drive, so I'll give them a try.

I've seen the 150 figure for stock (150 for PS3 & 150 for 360) mentioned elsewhere, so I'm hoping it's pretty consistent across all the stores. I can't think there'll be more than 150 sad buggers like myself heading out at midnight.... I hope:devil:

I called in my local Asda around 4pm, just to confirm they were doing the midnight launch, the guy wouldn't say how many copies they had, but after all the enquiries, they were expecting queuing to start around 9pm.

I'm just going to go in around 11.30 (I'm not desperate enough to save less than a tenner, that I'll stand in a queue for 3 hours:D) if they sell out, I've got a couple of Tescos within 10 mins drive, so I'll give them a try.

I've seen the 150 figure for stock (150 for PS3 & 150 for 360) mentioned elsewhere, so I'm hoping it's pretty consistent across all the stores. I can't think there'll be more than 150 sad buggers like myself heading out at midnight.... I hope:devil:

im off to asda but i wont queue like i did for waw

im off to asda but i wont queue like i did for waw
I'm not queing either. I'm going for a small shop anyway haha. If they sell out or there's a queue then I will just pop to tesco tomorrow and get it and get double clubcard points, so it doesn't matter to me :)

Off to Asda in a min.

Queuing for a game. Can you imagine that happening years ago when we were playing frogger!! :) lol

I am not queuing at midnight for a game. Sure there will be copies for sale over the weekend. Shows how far fifa has come though as I couldn't imagine people queuing at midnight for it in previous editions

Big queue at Asda Aberdeen and they have just been told that they do not have for the xbox 360 and only have ps3 copies.So they are all phoning nearest branch 7 or 8 miles away and are reserving copies there and are driving there for the midnight release :(

absolute madness, Dual carriageway will be like a scene from The Fast and The furious as mad young teens race to get their copies :rotfl:

Thank goodness my shift at Asda finished at 8:45pm,

My view on the price: I would of bought the game from Asda, but only if I was going to pick it up this year.

Mainly because of my discount card. Other then that, enjoy the game chaps.

Big queue at Asda Aberdeen and they have just been told that they do not have for the xbox 360 and only have ps3 copies.So they are all phoning nearest branch 7 or 8 miles away and are reserving copies there and are driving there for the midnight release :(

absolute madness, Dual carriageway will be like a scene from The Fast and The furious as mad young teens race to get their copies :rotfl:
Asda Eastleigh has a good mix of PS3 and Xbox 360 copies, which must mean some of the Xbox 360 stock might of made it to are store.

Seeing how we are one of the most busy Asda's.

Queuing for a game. Can you imagine that happening years ago when we were playing frogger!! :) lol

I am not queuing at midnight for a game. Sure there will be copies for sale over the weekend. Shows how far fifa has come though as I couldn't imagine people queuing at midnight for it in previous editions
While working on the shelf scan today, I saw a couple of old people and over 40's looking at the game. However a lot of teenagers were looking at the game on the whole.

Other then that, I find it funny how Asda Eastleigh are doing live game demonstrations of Fifa 2010 on the 4th of October. Which will be a disaster for them, since one of the people I know who works in the same store as me.

Will not mind playing the game for them, and because of this. I wonder if he will break the console the game is playing on, during the demonstration.

Mainly because anything on the tech side of things he touches, seems to break.

Last edited:
Just went to asda to do some shopping and maybe pick the game up, but didn't bother there were 200 people in there. I will go to the tesco metro in the morning but the school kids will probably buy it and take them all! It's ridiculous lol.

Oh well not so desperate for it anyway!

went to the asda on smithdown road in liverpool, about 300 people in there overall! managed to get in the queue halfway, waited 90 minutes to get served, only one woman on the till and she was hardly speedy about it. good game though

went to the asda on smithdown road in liverpool, about 300 people in there overall! managed to get in the queue halfway, waited 90 minutes to get served, only one woman on the till and she was hardly speedy about it. good game though

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

no one in my store :clap:

If it was me on the tills, then it would of taken half the amount of time I reckon. :rolleyes:

Got mine from the big tesco in cheshunt, not far from where I live. They were selling it for £24.97. There was a bit of a queue but nothing like it was for gta 4. Had about 3 hours playing it online. It's very good.

bought it from swansea asda for £26.71.

The store was dead quiet this morning and they had hundreds of copies on all formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom