£2500 so what do i buy??

tibzia

Standard Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow going to pull the trigger for a 4k tv, must be 65 "
What is my best bang for my buck ?.
I don't do games just normal terrestrial tv, and the odd movie on a oppo 205 player.

General user but appreciate quality.

Much appreciated ,

LG 65” OLED B or C7.

Is that for pure picture quality is the oled good for, freeview, standard and hd, ive been reading information on all types of tvs and makes , but its getting to be overload, just need a decision .

Is that for pure picture quality is the oled good for, freeview, standard and hd, ive been reading information on all types of tvs and makes , but its getting to be overload, just need a decision .

Pure picture quality, all sources and resolutions.

I regularly watch freeview on a (smaller) B7 and it's not great. The HD channels are acceptable and the SD channels are poor.

Do you need a new TV? If you already have one then I'd wait another couple of years for the HDR infrastructure to be put in place for normal TV broadcasts as that'll make a bigger difference.

Same as with any UHD TV, especially larger ones. You have to take a hit in poorer quality sources looking quite a bit poorer to benefit from better quality ones look better.

Contrary to popular belief (or what manufacturers want you to believe) these TVs do not do anything to polish poorer looking sources to make them look better, in fact they look worse.

Coupled with that and viewing distance limitations when it comes to noticing UHD for most people, I also wouldn't bother to upgrade until you have a lot of sources in HDR. As a bare minimum I would want to watch anything in blu-ray quality/amazon/netflix FHD quality minimum on a new TV, the more compressed HD channels are not up to scratch imo.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom