• When viewing threads in any classified forum, threads from child forums are also displayed so that you have greater visibility of all the relevant adverts
    You can change this via your preferences page: https://www.avforums.com/account/forum-aggregation.

For Sale £2349 Currys voucher

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Northampton
I'll start by saying that I have read the discussion headed '£1500 Currys Gift Card', and the concerns of it being a scam. With the recommended solution being to meet in person to carry out the transaction. So long as the location is within reasonable distance of me (up to around an hour's drive from Northampton) I agree to that solution.
As a result of losing an expensive camera lens, the insurance company settled in the form of a egift voucher at Currys worth £2349. However, Currys don't sell the item I wish to buy to replace the lens, so I'm looking to raise £2000 in cash, giving the giftcard buyer a 15% discount. If the full value of the giftcard isn't needed I'm sure we can negotiate.
Given the high value of the transaction, I would expect proof that the buyer is genuine, as well as proving that I am, before agreeing to meet. Including swapping contact details and answering each other's reasonable questions by phone.
Any questions, do ask.
Currys giftcard.jpg

Price and currency: £2000
Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
Payment method: Cash in person
Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
  • Name and address including postcode
  • Valid e-mail address
DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited:

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Northampton
Hi Ozzyh. So you only want to spend half of the voucher? Yes that's fine, as long as I am present when the transaction at Currys is done, you can use as much as you want (minimum around £1000, depending on how far away you are).

Ozzyh

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Reaction score
High Wycombe
Thanks. I'm all sorted now. Was looking to get the new Samsung Note 10+ and managed to get it through work.

Sofiaav

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Reaction score
Wakefield
Isnt there a way to split the gift card to another one?
I wanted £400 laptop.
I also live near leeds and that's where the laptop is in stock.

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Northampton
Yes, I don't have to spend the whole amount in one go. But... it comes down to a question of convenience, and Leeds is a long way to go for 15% of £400! If there are other things that you or your friends need to buy from Currys then maybe, but I think it would need to be a minimum of £1000 in total.

Sofiaav

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Reaction score
Wakefield
Yes, I don't have to spend the whole amount in one go. But... it comes down to a question of convenience, and Leeds is a long way to go for 15% of £400! If there are other things that you or your friends need to buy from Currys then maybe, but I think it would need to be a minimum of £1000 in total.
Not atm no. I understand Leeds is far so il leave it.
Its gonna be really hard for you to sell it unless someone wants a expensive tv etc.

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Northampton
You may be right, but I'm not expecting someone to buy all of it, and if you had been closer or needing maybe 2 laptops I would have have been fine with it.

angrybird

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Reaction score
I could be interested in taking the lot @75%

Can come to you if you have PC world / currys close to you.

Check my feedback. I had been here for a very long time. And even longer one Ebay.

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Northampton
Thanks for your offer. I can achieve 76% fairly easily myself - that is the base point against which I am comparing. Maybe you have some scope to increase your offer somewhat?

barney007

Rating - 100%
513   0   0
Reaction score
sheffield
I would be interest in making a offer but I like to ask a question.

Is there anyway getting this on a gift card if we went to currys?

So only I would know numbers n pins etc ?

If we went and bought something for balance and returned it would they want to apply it to the insurance card or a new gift card.

I dont need to buy something now but will no doubt in the future as we are renovating

Because your a new member and the money been large amount I would wanna cover myself. So would like to get the balance on a different card that only I knew the code for etc

angrybird

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Reaction score
as above, is it possible to convert this to a gift card, or balance that I do not have to spend right now.

and how would warranty \ replacement work.

I would consider offering 80% of the value, but that would be my max if I decided to go forward

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Northampton
Replying mainly to Barney007 because he appears to be offering me the 85% I'm looking for (but also replying to angrybird)....
I could enquire of Currys myself, but in your shoes I would want to be certain of the answer so I would ask them directly. What do you think?

angrybird

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Reaction score
Replying mainly to Barney007 because he appears to be offering me the 85% I'm looking for (but also replying to angrybird)....
I could enquire of Currys myself, but in your shoes I would want to be certain of the answer so I would ask them directly. What do you think?
if Barney007 wants it at 85% its all his.

if he does not then my offer of 80% would be on the table

clankyt

Standard Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Hello, would Cambridge fall within your boundary?

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Northampton
Yes, particularly if you don't need it too urgently.... but you probably do! What's your situation? And how much of the voucher are you wanting?

clankyt

Standard Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Nope. Not urgent at all but ive been considering a new panasonic oled and this seems an ideal opportunity to save some extra. My only concern would be whose name would be on the sale invoice for warranty purposes.

Edit: looking at the 950B model

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Northampton
I've spoken to Currys and they say that the name and address on the receipt are whatever is agreed at the point of sale, doesn't have to be what is on the voucher. Feel free to call them yourself though, and confirm what I've said.
Are you looking at the 65" model? That would be ideal because it would use up all of the voucher value in one go.
As it happens, I'm expecting to come to Cambridge on Wednesday 4.9.19, mid afternoon - that would be perfect if you can fit in with then.

clankyt

Standard Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Unfortunately it would just be the 55" I couldnt afford the divorce of a 65"!
The 4th might work, ill let you know over the next couple of days. Obviously if you manage to move the lot on before i decide then my loss.

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Northampton
I'm not getting swamped with offers! So yes, probably still available on 4th. Telly costs £1599, correct? £2000/£2349 x £1599 = £1361.43, I'll round it down to £1,360.00. Cash handed over at Point Of Sale. Sale and Warranty in your name.

clankyt

Standard Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
That sounds like a deal. I'll probably go for an UB820 player as well but that might involve a bit of bartering as RS and JL have them on for £289 vs £329 in shop. This can all be dealt with on the day.
But, as above, everything at 85% of cost for cash?

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Northampton
Assuming the deal with klankyt goes ahead as planned, that leaves £750 remaining on the voucher. I'm looking for £640 for it (~85%), anyone interested?

Rob_R

Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Reaction score
Assuming the deal with klankyt goes ahead as planned, that leaves £750 remaining on the voucher. I'm looking for £640 for it (~85%), anyone interested?
Would you post it and accept payment on receipt after it’s been redeemed?

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
711   0   0
Reaction score
RM16
By what date should the voucher be redeemed? Quite surprised you are throwing away 100s of £ just like that but I must admit you have a big heart. :)

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Northampton
By what date should the voucher be redeemed? Quite surprised you are throwing away 100s of £ just like that but I must admit you have a big heart. :)
The voucher lasts for a year and I only got it about 3 weeks ago, so plenty of time left.
And my reason for being SO big-hearted?!! Simply that Currys don't sell the item that I want to buy, so I want to convert my voucher in to as much cash as possible.

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Northampton
Would you post it and accept payment on receipt after it’s been redeemed?
Hi Rob_R. If it were for £50 I might just, but £500+ is a lot of money. If I were to ask you the reverse question, whether you would be willing to pay me in advance, trusting that I will send you the voucher, its the same thing. And if you are willing to do that then do let me know. Actually, you would be fine, I would send it, but you only have my word for it.

PatrickB99

Novice Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Northampton
Update on the remaining voucher value.
Assuming that clankyt is able to purchase the 2 items he wants, £461.00 will remain. I am looking for £395 for this, ~85%.
I will know exact amounts for sure on 4.9.19.

mudshark

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Reaction score
Hi mate, I am after an item which is £50 at Currys. Can I offer 75%?