1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£2200 to spend on projection/CRT/projector - help !!!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by DanT, Nov 13, 2001.

1. DanT

DanT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI i have a budget of £2200 to spend on a widescreen television.

I love the Toshiba 42WH18B that is due out. Can anyone advise me for or against it ?

Is it the best i can do for the money?

All i want is DVD movies and Gamecube and X Box and the bigger the better !:confused:

thank you !!!!

2. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try hed.co.uk as I've just bought a Tosh 56WHO8 from them for £2320 ish

A little bit over your budget, but worth going for.

My tv gets delivered next week, cant wait!

3. DanT

DanT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But isn't there a 50wh18b coming out ? lose 6 inches gain some screen improvements ??? please let me know how you get on with your new tv !!!
    thanks
    d

4. magikkk

magikkk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I can see ( and I have seen one of the new Toshs) there is no improvement it's just a repackaged WHo8b series without the inbuilt digital tuner that was originally supposed to be in them (not included cos of problems with it or something....) It's dressed in new silver (and cheaper looking me thinks) clothes - you'll be paying for those cosmetics
    It does mean that the WhO8b 46 (which I have ) and the 56" are bargains to be had - and they are excellent sets

5. DanT

DanT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, i might go for the 56 in that case. Have you had any problems ? For this amount of money i don't want bleeding, ghosting, bulb issues, convergence issues etc just a fantastic tv.

Oh and crucially.........how much of an issue is the viewing angle if i have a room of people watching it and the tv is in the middle of a wall ????

6. magikkk

magikkk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had one problem with flucuating brightness which was fixed from the service menu by Toshiba - not all sets need to have the fix only earlier production runs.
    The viewing angle from East to West is pretty good. North to South is less forgiving. At sofa height for viewing is the best, so if you've got a bunch of people sat in an arc around it - no problem. Go into a Currys or the like (ok they'll be terribly set up) but you'll get an idea of viewing angles.
    Games look fabulous on these TV's