£2000 to spend

Anxell

Standard Member
Hi

i know this is going to be a bit difficult to pin down but if you had a budget of up to around £2000, which plasma would you get? I am just about to move to a new house, will be getting Sky again, watch alot of DVDs, Sky Sports alot, but no Xbox yet. Previous tv was an old 21" CRT. My living room is gonna be big but was thinking of around 42" - 46 plasma. I have read some reviews and been to local comet currys stores but cant decide. Any one with somehints or recommendations please.

Badger0-0

Welcome to the forums mate :thumbsup:

Has to be the Pioneer kuros, IMO

nak

50" Panasonic for me.

albertz

Novice Member
I think most people on this forum would recommend either pioneer or panasonic. You will get more panny for your money though.

Mr.Glass

Standard Member
Hi,

I just spent aroundn £2K myself after reading Plasma reviews for weeks!
I chose the Pioneer Kuro PDP508XD
Payed extra for 5yrs Insurance.
Add to that the cost of the wall mount, some extra HDMI leads, and I cable tidy/duct thingy and there was just enough change to get a few Blueray movies and popcorn :smashin:

2nd Choice Panisonic 50PZ80
3rd Panisonic 46PZ85B

Good luck with whatever you choose. :cool:

Hi,

I just spent aroundn £2K myself after reading Plasma reviews for weeks!
I chose the Pioneer Kuro PDP508XD
Payed extra for 5yrs Insurance.
Im thinking about pressing the button to do the same as you to upgrade my Panny 42 incher which is still doing a grand job TBH. I am gonna wait until the 9G panels come out as if they are spectatcualr for the price i may go that way or they may force the price of the 8Gs to go down.

YellowSphere

Novice Member
If 46" is the upper limit then the Panasonic 46PZ80 is the TV for you.

Mr.Glass

Standard Member
Im thinking about pressing the button to do the same as you to upgrade my Panny 42 incher which is still doing a grand job TBH. I am gonna wait until the 9G panels come out as if they are spectatcualr for the price i may go that way or they may force the price of the 8Gs to go down.
That sounds sensible.

I don't think my budget wouldn't stretch to 9G prices.
S&V have droppped their price on the 508XD by £18 in the last two weeks!
When it drops below £1450 that's when I stop looking at the price ;)