1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£2000 to spend - 37" LCD wanted - criteria here, please help...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by wj209980, Feb 20, 2005.

1. wj209980

wj209980
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, so I'm looking to buy a 37" LCD TV. I already have SKY, so I gather I don't need any built in tuners or anything. Ideally I didn't want to spend over £1500 on the TV, as I want to get a reasonable surrond sound set up included for the £2000 I wish to spend (I also wish to wall-mount the TV).

So, is it possible to get an LCD TV in this price range, or am I better off looking towards a 37" plasma TV? I'm pretty new to this, and all the articles I read seem to conflict each other!

Any help would be so much appreaciated!

2. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You wont get a 37" for under £2000. The Sharps are more like £3000.

3. wj209980

wj209980
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay cheers for that m8. Looks like i'll be looking at the Plasma market for now then...

4. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another option is something like the new Segam 45" DLP rear projection TV.

Rear projection sets have always been carbage up until these new DLP sets started to apear. The latest What HI FI has on the cover " BETTER THAN PLASMA, HALF THE PRICE".

Go into your local Comet and see a demo of the 50" Segam running a HI DEF demo, you have never seen anything like it.

These sets last longer than Plasma's, have better picture quality and are £2000 (a 50" plasma would cost you £5000)