1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£2000 budget - help needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jdbrooks, Jul 22, 2005.

1. jdbrooks

jdbrooks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    A friend of mine has decided he wants a high definition plasma in silver with flat panel surround sound speakers also in silver.
    He has a budget of £2k so I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Tell him to double the budget I'm afraid. He can get this, right now, but it costs a lot more than £2k. The only HD screen under £2k is the samsung, mostly gloss black, and it'd still not leave enough change for an amp, DVD and NXT speakers. The only HD ready screen I can think of in silver is the Fujitsu HHA40. It's the most expensive....

3. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you not on holiday yet?

I get the feeling there will be novices sending you a postcard wishing you were back :)

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I don't flatter myself so much! There are several members of the forum who get out the champagne when I'm away. This poor fellow's mate might like to join them? But I honestly cannot think of any HD ready screens in silver, or any colour for that matter, that fit the bill. In a month or so, you'll be able to get a Panasonic PWD8, which will be HD COMPATIBLE, not ready, and the rest of the kit at £2k, and it will still be very nice, I have no doubt. That number of plasma pixels just costs too much, even Samsung have trouble with the kind of price point he's looking for. Fujitsu make no effort to try, the HHA40 is over £3k.