• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

£200 Used Speakers to Improve Current System

Derek-f

Standard Member
I have an old system based on an Arcam 8 amp, Linn Axis with Basik arm, Denon DL 110 cartridge and a pair of old Monitor Audio R252 speakers. I also have an Arcam 8 Power amp and so the system is capable of being bi-amped to speakers which allow this. The Monitor Audios I have do not support this feature but I have been very happy with them over the years.

So I am looking for advice for getting some vintage speakers from Ebay that could support the biwiring -- Castle Avons caught my eye.

Any thoughts as to what speakers up to £200 second hand would mark a realistic improvement on what is currently a pretty good set up? As I have to ship the speakers I don't want to go over say 34 inches in height. The listening area is a large open plan room.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom