£200 5.1 Speakers for a Denon 1507

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Comrinec, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Comrinec

Comrinec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What 5.1 speakers would you reccomend for a Denon 1507 amp for about £200? Is it better to buy seperate speakers or packages? I would prefer for the speakers to be in silver. I need 2 to be on stands at the back and I would like the centre to be one of those wide ones, because I don't think it would look very good if it was the same shape as the normal bookshelf speakers like in some packages I've seen.

Also what wires do I need and how do I wire them? This is the first time I have ever bought a proper hifi system before.

2. Strobe

Strobe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
  3. Comrinec

Comrinec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Strobe

Strobe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Sorry missed off the stands from my original post - they are an extra`£50 at Superfi. Also, can't recall if mine came with the lead to connect the sub to the receiver - this is a just a standard single phono to phono lead though, and can be picked up for a few quid from Maplins or Richer Sounds.
    The pack comes with a long run of cable; it's pretty basic but does the job. You will see an improvement by upgrading to a better quality speaker cable but the stuff which comes included will do you fine to get you going.