£20,000 Party

stealther

Story here about a teenagers house party that got out of control because the silly little chav advertised it on myspace

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/04/13/nparty13.xml
At first I was amused then disgusted then angry with the last paragraph where the police refused to break it up using the excuse that if would have inflamed the situation.

What could 200 teenagers have done against a dozen officers in riot gear cracking heads open with battons? :rolleyes:
They should have arrested the lot and charged them £100 each to cover the cost of damages.

overkill

Distinguished Member
Story here about a teenagers house party that got out of control because the silly little chav advertised it on myspace

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/04/13/nparty13.xml
At first I was amused then disgusted then angry with the last paragraph where the police refused to break it up using the excuse that if would have inflamed the situation.

What could 200 teenagers have done against a dozen officers in riot gear cracking heads open with battons? :rolleyes:
They should have arrested the lot and charged them £100 each to cover the cost of damages.
What made me laugh is that it made national news! This sort of thing cannot be 'news' surely?

My sister (God bless her) held a party at our mums place back when we were teenagers. She invited over a hundred people, mostly her friends, but a load of people came looking for trouble. The front room of our house was trashed, the front and back windows smashed, bedrooms rifled, and bottles thrown at all the furniture and other 'guests'. When the police, who'd been alerted by worried passers bye and neighbours, finally turned up, I'd been in three punch-ups in the process of ejecting the ******** myself, and the coppers described the place as looking like a 'war zone'. They also turned away 150 other 'revellers' on the way to the flat. All my sisters 'friends' either stood there like headless chickens or scarpered.

If I could turn out forty of them, with the help of two mates, and those coppers managed to see off 150 others, why couldn't they do anything this time? There were also three arrests directly afterwards, followed by four more after that.

Yet, that little 'incident' didn't even make the local rags................

Drd

For a second there I thought this headline was about LGS' promised bash!

overkill

Distinguished Member
For a second there I thought this headline was about LGS' promised bash!
Nah. That'll be packed with screaming lefties munching on lettuce leaves..............:D

Vitalija

They trot out the same excuse when a bunch of chav druggies decide to take over a farmers field for a Rave(whatever that is!). Riot police and water cannon would do it for me.

davidjohnson

Distinguished Member
I thought it was a nice gesture to leave behind "buckets of vomit" :rotfl:

I think we should also accept that the police are no longer here to prevent crime, it would only inflame the situation :rolleyes: The only thing they can do is hassle motorists who arent displaying their tax disc correctly, or who's brake light bulb has failed.

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
A £20,000 party?

Don't they call that a wedding these days?

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
"Rachel Bell, 17, promoted her party on the MySpace website, calling it a "let's trash the average family-sized house disco party".

Tchh, teenagers eh?
But then they do exactly what was asked of them, which is unusual in itself, and then they still get criticised. They just can't win

SanPedro

I think we should also accept that the police are no longer here to prevent crime, it would only inflame the situation :rolleyes: The only thing they can do is hassle motorists who arent displaying their tax disc correctly, or who's brake light bulb has failed.

OR.... as reported in our local rag, issuing tickets to motorists living in a village who had dared to park their cars 'the wrong way' overnight, outside their houses.

***? this offence is sooooooo obscure that it isn't even listed on the back of the penalty charge notice!!!!!

How can they sleep at night. Ooooooooooh well done officer Dipsh*t your mother must be really proud of you for being so brave and strong tackling those dangerous drivers :rolleyes:

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

The funniest part of this whole "story" about the girl and the party, was the fact that she based it on the TV show "Skins" on EWhore, and thought that advertising it on MySpace was a sensible thing to do! :rotfl: I can't wait to see which of the tabloid rags decides to run the front page story of: "Teenage TV drama ruined our life and our house!", in order to get the show banned or pulled! :rotfl:

Kids today, really have no sense of intelligence! What happened to good-old "word-of-mouth" from a "friend-of-a-friend"!? :rotfl:

Pooch

Pat_C

They trot out the same excuse when a bunch of chav druggies decide to take over a farmers field for a Rave(whatever that is!). Riot police and water cannon would do it for me.
And me. But then you'd have the human rights brigade up in arms, and people in sandals suggesting that we need to 'embrace' and 'engage' young people.

This is what happens when you stop caning bad children at school :devil:

adam4478

i disagree :) they should have let them get on with it as that's what the stupid little tart invited them around for in the 1st place...

krish

Distinguished Member
didn't know we were stuck in 1989 ... the Beeb could make a series about that, call it Tin Machine :D

BAN5HEE

Some with some common sense should have burned the house down with them in it. Would have saved us all tax money later when we have to pay for their lives of luxury on counsel estates and jail cells...

overkill

Distinguished Member
...........and that's exactly the attitude they took in the 80's. Remember the Police beating six bells out of the travellers (and anyone else the govt deemed 'anti society')? Look where that got us, the gradual process through the 90's to the OTT laws of today.

I cannot get my head around people bemoaning a Police state on the one hand, then condoning giving the Police a free hand to act like nutters on the other.............:rolleyes:

But there ya goes...........:D

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
OR.... as reported in our local rag, issuing tickets to motorists living in a village who had dared to park their cars 'the wrong way' overnight, outside their houses.

***? this offence is sooooooo obscure that it isn't even listed on the back of the penalty charge notice!!!!!

How can they sleep at night. Ooooooooooh well done officer Dipsh*t your mother must be really proud of you for being so brave and strong tackling those dangerous drivers :rolleyes:

I wasnt aware it was against the law to park on the opposite side of the road? last time i checked it was encouraged so instead of having cars on both sides of the road all cars would be on one side so traffic could fit through.

if that really is the case then they better look round our local police stations where cop cars are always parked on the wrong side to which they are facing.

back OT, really disappointed that the police didnt act, i thought they were duty bound to disperse large gatherings to prevent problems? esspecially if the owners didnt invite them AND asked them to leave.... still the little chav deserved it :D

Pat_C

I wasnt aware it was against the law to park on the opposite side of the road? last time i checked it was encouraged so instead of having cars on both sides of the road all cars would be on one side so traffic could fit through.
There is a legal requirement to park at night facing forward so your reflectors can be seen by overtaking traffic. Many years ago I hit a car (rather hard) that was parked facing 'backwards' (in fog) and I was told by the Police that the owner was prosecuted for it. I wasn't prosecuted, even though I was also at fault. That must have pleased him :)

Jenn

Distinguished Member

In my parents street (not in the UK), you can only park on one side of the road, and the side changes every fortnight. So say from 1-15 April you park on the left, 16-30 on the right. They're not as picky as telling you which way you should park though but still fine you if you're on the wrong side ! :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow