£2,000 budget for 4K TV and Surround Sound

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by leedowner, Jul 4, 2015.

1. leedowner

leedowner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello all, I'm having a loft conversion and would like to start planning for some new equipment to go in it.

I'll mostly be using the room for gaming with a PC to actually get 4k resolutions. The room is roughly 5.5m x 5m.

I don't know much about surround sound and the differences between 5.1 and 7.1 or maybe there are even more speaker channels ? I have the space for lots of speakers and I could wall mount them or have free standing, that's not an issue.

I also do some DJing and the decks will go in this room too so I'd also like to connect my mixer upto the new amp (XLR outputs on the mixer) and the speakers will need to have some power so I can get plenty of volume without distortion.

4K screen size needs to be at least 50" but not more than 60"

I also need advice on cables both HDMI and speaker cables.

I can stretch my 2k budget a little bit if necessary.

Cheers, Lee.

2. Andrew K

Andrew K
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
    You can get a 55" LG for around £850 so that leaves you around £1200 for the audio.

I would stick with 5.1 with the budget.

For floorstanders have a look at Q Acoustics or Monitor Audio MR Series

For sub sat systems you could start with looking at KEF E305's or Monitor Audio MASS

3. Member 581642

Member 581642
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    Dont worry too much about cables just get a HDMI High Speed cable 5M sub £10, then 2.5mm Speaker cables.

I'd go Yamaha 677 at £279 at Richer sounds and Focal Dome Flax 5.1 if you can stretch to that, think we may have some on special offer at £799, we use them on many of our installs because of both the quality and stylish look.

[​IMG]