Question £1k budget for 4k 48-55"

HDready2015

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Would appreciate some informed help on the above purchase - current HD Ready TV now about 10 years old!

No gaming, no curved screen, just after best picture quality. I wondered about JU6800 but it seems aside from Nano Crystal the set is generally a let down.

Is there an obvious choice to go for or should I really wait for more (cheaper) quantum dot and OLED options in the new year - but how long might I have to wait?

Thanks in advance!

For 1k 48-55" 4k OLED TV, I think you will have to wait at least 3-4 years.
I got a Panny 55CX680 and generally happy with it (except the DTS which bothers me sometimes)

Thanks. Yes, I was just reading about the 680 - looks like a really good option. Shame the 802 is beyond budget.

Pana cx700 is much better than 680 and exactly your budget
Cx8 is top in 50 and 55. If you can wait a bit, I expect the 50 to get closer to 1k between now and end of the year. Watch Black Friday (and Period leading to Christmas) and dealers up north like rgb and Hampton and Moore. You will be surprised what you see or can get.
Don't ignore Samsung especially the ju7000. Price are dropping like a stone finally
Sony 55x8 is good but OS still not there. Pseudo HDR available so compensate I guess.

Hello,

That is very useful. Thank you.

The CX700 looks good. I am tempted by the 802b - it's £1,169 at C&M at the moment.

Think it's probably a better bet than the JU7000?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom