£180....which one?

W

woodie

Ok, I'm getting an mp3 player, birthday in the first week of november, and I was wondering what you guys might recommend (£180 budget)

I feel that a 20gb one would take me years and years to fill up, whilst a 4gb would be a little too small, but would probably suffice. I do a lot of running, so would want one that could take the abuse that would cause.

At the moment I'm looking at these ones (amazon.co.uk prices)

- Sony NW-HD5 20GB Network Walkman £168.10
- Sony NWA3000V 20 GB HDD £189.99
- Philips PSA615 6GB Portable Sports Audio £159.99
- Ipod Nano 4GB £174.98

Personally, I like the look of the Sony NWA3000v and the Philips. DO you know of any big issues with any of these players?

Many thanks for anyone with anything to add!

D

DantheMan

I'd say the HD5 personally...if you are a fashion gimp then get the nano. Heard of problems with the last philips player so wouldn't go near that. The new sony player is a re-designed more expensive HD5 and not worth the extra cash imo, it has a built in battery with some extra playlist features (woooo) and is bigger than the HD5.

If you can find one get the HD5H or a black HD5 for less button issues. My buttons have small cracks on my red HD5 but it doesn't bother me much yet.

B

broochie

Personally l'd cancel out the last 2, yep the last 2, considering that the HD5 has :
-longer(replaceable) battery life
-more storage same as No. 2 though l prefer the HD5
-it appears the HD5 seems :eek: to b cheaper than the lot & is within your bugdet ..considering PRICE vs. CAPACITY
juss 2 mention a few

W

woodie

Thanks for the responses -

1 - what kind of probles may the Philips have?
2 - I reckon the A3000 will be the one I go for.

D

DantheMan

I'm not sure about the philips problems, your best bet would be to try and find a forum specifically for user problems on that player and also check out online reviews. Google serves me well for this purpose :D.

Trust me just get the Sony or the Nano, there are other players out there too but out of the bunch you listed I wouldn't consider the philips (personally). There is also the 6gb sony aswell remember which is a smaller version of the 20gb player.

Top Bottom