£1600 Budget for new TV. Help please

Joane

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, A friend's buying a TV next week so I was hoping for some help.

Budget - £1600 - 1750
Size - 50" +
3D - Doesn't hold great importance, 2D matters most.

Was thinking of the :
- Samsung ES8000's
- Sony KDLHX 853/823's
- Panasonic VT50

All help is appreciated, Thank you for looking.

I also accidentally posted this same thread in the general TV section, any suggestions on deleting it or trouble I'll be in for having 2 of these?

Hi Thame, don't worry, you don't get 'in trouble' for posting in different sections, we'd just delete or move one of them, or merge them together if there were relevant posts on each.

As the other thread is asking for opinions, not which to buy, I'll leave it there for now.

Hi, A friend's buying a TV next week so I was hoping for some help.

Budget - £1600 - 1750
Size - 50" +
3D - Doesn't hold great importance, 2D matters most.

Was thinking of the :
- Samsung ES8000's
- Sony KDLHX 853/823's
- Panasonic VT50

All help is appreciated, Thank you for looking.

I also accidentally posted this same thread in the general TV section, any suggestions on deleting it or trouble I'll be in for having 2 of these?

55VT50 seems to be the best choice for your available budget but as always make sure you demo which ever tv you choose first as they all have traits

The VT50 is top dog but they aren't perfect by any means, your mate may prefer the Samsung's, so Id demo the E8000 and VT50. Not an LCD fan and the Sony's have some bad closing issues, still go look though. Demo rooms are the ideal here, especially for plasma, don't rely on shop floors ss the lighting often way too bright and the sets setup badly.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom