£1600-£2000 What is the screen to get?

F

fathead82

As title really guys, is thre a current screen or one due to hit the market in the next month or so that screams "buy me"?

Try reading the forum, there are loads of posts of "which one to buy" etc.

Thats the problem Neil ,ever post you read someone pipes up with something different it near impossible to know. It would be nice if a range of people just listed their TV of choice within that budget & then I can go off and do my own research.

Currently looking at the Samsung LE40R51B @ £1450.

i'm considering the Philips 37PF5520D, JVC LTDS6BJ. Still do not have a clue though!!! :confused:

Yep...agree with your comments, everyone has a different opinion......

Even the magazines cannot agree...some rate the Sony V series ...others hate it....other rate the Pan 500

Going to my local retailers doesnt give me any help either.....
They all seem to be showing HD material....presumably to get shoppers hooked...
boy will they be disappointed when they get their LCD home and see what Freeview and some SKY channels do to the picture quality.

I currently rent a SonyDX200....the pic quality is fabulous....
I also have a Denon 2910 DVD player with HDMI output......
So I want to get an LCD TV with HDMI.....I will not be renting as the cost is too high...so buying is on the cards....

But what to buy.....that is the question..

With my DX200 giving great pictures, I dont want to spend up to £1800 on a TV that gives me inferior pictures.

Maybe I will wait a while for the next gen of LCD screens.

For £2,000 you could get Sony's 40" Bravia KDLV40A12U:

ke-v42a10e_headon_UK_im.jpg

Benefits from 3 RGB scart inputs, component and the all important HDMI input. Add a 1366/768 screen res and you have an HD READY tv. If I had £2k spare for a tv, it's what I'd go for.

Features:

- 40" V-series BRAVIA LCD TV
- HD Ready
- Integrated Digital Tuner for Freeview
- HDMI Input
- 1366 x 768 pixel resolution
- Dolby Virtual (Prologic II) and BBE Digital
- PAL 3D Comb filter
- Electronic Programme Guide
- Top Up TV Compatible

Tech spec: http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProd...B&pageType=TechnicalSpecs&category=TVP+LCD+TV

The problem with the Sony V is that it's very stingy on the inputs; no VGA on a screen that price is ridiculous in my opinion.

Only buy a HD screen if that will be your primary use. If the majority of the television's use with be SDTV, buy a Sharp P50. It's compatible with HD, and will still look great with it, but is the best looking LCD out there for SD content. (regular television, DVDs etc)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom