1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£1500 to spend on PJ!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Big Adam, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Big Adam

Big Adam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just got back from a open evening at Sevenoaks. Lots of lovely kit but too much for my pocket!

The evening had the benefit of convincing the wife that a PJ was a fantastic idea! :clap: Up until now, I was going down the route of convincing her that a plasma was the best way but after she watched T2 in 7oaks demo room on a 10 foot screen it was obvious that we are now going the way of a PJ!

We met a guy that wanted to sell his Sim2 HT200 + Remote Interface unit for £1500

We thought this sounded good and took the guys details but after coming back here and searching the forum it seems I did well to walk away!! If I'm gonna splash that amount of cash, I at least want 16:9!!!

Anyway, as a result I now have permission to spend some cash! £1500 - £2000 (tops) on a nice PJ, so I need some recommendations.

Sources will be:
    DVD Component (switched via Pioneer 2011)
    iPlayer Component (switched via Pioneer 2011)
    VGA or DVI from PC direct

What are my options right now? I'm prepared to make a DIY screen so my full budget can be blown on the PJ but £2000 is my limit. I'm a total noob in this field so what are my choices?

Cheers guys and gals.

Big A

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    + vat?

HT1000 (ex-demo) from Nexnix.

:smashin:

3. Big Adam

Big Adam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Looks pretty darn good!

Will have to persuade the wife though. That's our holiday money going up in smoke! :clap:

Do Nexnix get many of these in ex-display just in case I don't get the go-ahead in time?

Big A

4. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,923
    They had 2 left yesterday and I put my name on one of them! If you want one you'd best be quick! I'm thinking I'd like to see what the Sanyo PLV-Z2 is like though, grand cheaper and looks very good.

Cheers,
    Andy.