£1500 budget for 65 inch oled - what can you recommend

twodollar69

Hi all

having to return my lg B1 oled due to a fault .

I’ve a budget now of £1500 for a 65 inch .
Options I’ve seen are maybe the c1 if price drops a bit and maybe a Panasonic jz1000b

Any thoughts welcome

Thanks

LG C1

It's £1499 on Richer Sounds at the moment for the 65"

You need to sign up for their free VIP club to get that price.

Comes with a 6 year warranty.

I was looking at the C1 yesterday on Very and they were offering 20% of the value back of you bought on buy now pay later so takes the TV down to around £1300 but you only get a years warranty from them AFAIK.

Personally I'd go with Richer Sounds.

twodollar69

Sorry I didn't explain very well which is the norm for me.
I'm looking to stay with John Lewis as I want to keep the burn cover too.
So ideally need to be able to price match

Don't @Richer Sounds cover burn in on OLEDS

I guess if you want to stay with JL then it'll be a case of asking them price match or paying the £1599.

From all the reviews I've read the C1 is the TV to get in the price range you have.

catflap2

Standard Member
Is that £1500 after the £140 for the JL cover? or does the £140 have to come out of a £1500 total budget? If LG will still replace a C1 panel for £250 then I’d just get the Richer Sounds deal, then worse case is you have to pay £250 if you get burn in, however if you don‘t you are pounds in.

Sticking to just JL might mean you miss out on a bargain somewhere else as we seem to be at that point where the odd model is being cleared at a great price.

I’m not saying the LG is the best option here either, loads of threads recommending most manufacturers depending what you use the TV for most. Personally I’d be happy with a Sony A80J, LG C1 or G1 or any of the Panasonics.

twodollar69

Is that £1500 after the £140 for the JL cover? or does the £140 have to come out of a £1500 total budget? If LG will still replace a C1 panel for £250 then I’d just get the Richer Sounds deal, then worse case is you have to pay £250 if you get burn in, however if you don‘t you are pounds in.

Sticking to just JL might mean you miss out on a bargain somewhere else as we seem to be at that point where the odd model is being cleared at a great price.

I’m not saying the LG is the best option here either, loads of threads recommending most manufacturers depending what you use the TV for most. Personally I’d be happy with a Sony A80J, LG C1 or G1 or any of the Panasonics.
The £140 is in addition to the £1500 . I’m also after it for accidental damage as I have a very lively 5 year old.

Would like Sony a80j as I’m a Sony fan but price is a fair bit higher for the 65 inch.

having said that though , I’m also thinking would the 77 inch CX FOR £2k be a bargain . not sure I can win that battle with the Mrs though :)

lynx

Senior Moderator
Are you nearby a Costco store?

lynx

Senior Moderator
I'm sure you'll love it.

twodollar69

Right, strangely the Mrs has said I can go with 77inch if it shuts me up  tv not being delivered until week wednesday so could change my order

I could stretch to the 77 inch cx for an extra £500 - I've not even seen the cx as not in John Lewis store, anyone got any experience with them?

Woukd the C1 be less susceptible to screen burn than the cx as its a newer TV model? Presume screen picture wouldn't vary much?
Thanks

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom