£150 to spend on a compact but which one ?

Danbottomburp

Ex Member
Reaction score
so i am in the market for a new compact and have £150 to spend , can i get some suggestions please .
i am coming from a pannasonic tz10
i dont mind second hand either .

thanks
dan

Is long zoom like the TZ series important ?

as much as i like the XF-1 , i am put off with so many people reporting "lens error" fault .

i know it would be guaranteed for a year but i want the camera to use , and not to be taking it back to the store all the time.

Not heard of the error, but Google throws up quiet a bit of posts. Will post on TP to see if any has had this issue.

I've had the XF1 for several months now with no problems (Cross fingers :D)
Not heard of the problem you mention either.
There was some talk of aperture blades sticking on some of the "X" cams tough.

I beg your pardon...I did read about that, but only after I purchased it.
TBO I probably would've thought twice about getting it if I'd read it b/4.
But as I said i've had nil problems so far and have been happy with it.
£130 was well spent (for me ;))

I beg your pardon...I did read about that, but only after I purchased it.
TBO I probably would've thought twice about getting it if I'd read it b/4.
But as I said i've had nil problems so far and have been happy with it.
£130 was well spent (for me ;))

you said "Not heard of the problem you mention either" - i said "oh the problem is all over the net .its really put me off going for this now" - what is "i beg your pardon" for ?

you claim you didn't know about the issues and now you say you do .

all i am saying is with this issue all over the internet it has put me right off buying. i was NOT being rude .

you said "Not heard of the problem you mention either" - i said "oh the problem is all over the net .its really put me off going for this now" - what is "i beg your pardon" for ?

you claim you didn't know about the issues and now you say you do .

all i am saying is with this issue all over the internet it has put me right off buying. i was NOT being rude .

I think he was apologising for the earlier statement.... ;)

ok sorry my apologies , had stressful morning arranging the holiday and other things . hence the reason for the camera and not wanting it to break down on me. but more i read reviews of the actual camera and the quality of pictures the more i want it .

Thanks Jim. Yes I was apologizing..I think he misinterpreted the "I beg your pardon" bit

OK Dan...No worries, we all have those days. :D

No worries guys - easily done :)

thing is in my research i can see the issues being reported in 2011/2012 and nothing more recently , is it possible this issue has been rectified in a later batch ?

i think i will buy this camera and take my tz10 along also so if i do get any problems i have a backup .

I just got the error on my one.. Have emailed fuji to see what they say..
:(

Bummer!!!
Keep us informed please?

If you want better IQ look for one with a 1/1.7" or 2/3" sensor, whether you can find one in your price range I'm not sure? :confused:

There might be a lot of cheap rx100's about when the mark III version is released :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom