£150.00 to Pre-Order PS3

D

Deadsquirrel

Don't know whether this has been brought up before, however, couldn't find anything on the forum search, so here goes:

Sony are proposing that retailers impose a £150.00 pre-order fee on the PS3 in order to ensure that only the people who really want the console actually get it, all pre-order details will then be kept on a central database so as to eliminate more than one console being pre-ordered from each household.

Sony are hoping that this approach will stop the bulk buying E-Bay jokers out there.

Sony believe that anyone who wants the console should only ever have to pay RRP for it as they have realised (from what happened with the Premium 360's) that when people want the console bad enough they'll pay through the nose for it on E-Bay (any extra profits of which Sony don't get)

This info was obtained from an article in the latest issue of GAMESTM Magazine

jenic

Novice Member
Do sony really care, at the end of the day they have sold their consoles and have people buying their games.

nehalem

Novice Member
Seems like a good idea - as there will only be a limited number available at launch it ensures that only people who want them to use, rather than sell will get one!:thumbsup:

TheBiGW

150 quid pre-order sounds fair. Anything has to be an improvement on the way the 360 launch was handled.

Not sure there will be much markup on the PS3 though as it seems to be out of people's price range as it is. And has the launch lineup even been confirmed yet? If I do pre-order one what will I be playing on it?

D

Deadsquirrel

ipod crazy said:
Do sony really care, at the end of the day they have sold their consoles and have people buying their games.
I don't think they care about us gamers, but any profit E-Bayers get above the RRP is profit that Sony ISN'T getting

zoidy

TheBiGW said:
150 quid pre-order sounds fair. Anything has to be an improvement on the way the 360 launch was handled.

Not sure there will be much markup on the PS3 though as it seems to be out of people's price range as it is. And has the launch lineup even been confirmed yet? If I do pre-order one what will I be playing on it?
Went to the Sony Centre in Croydon yesterday and they were taking pre-orders for £50 deposit. Already had 40 people on the list though!

Mad Johnny

Novice Member
zoidy said:
Went to the Sony Centre in Croydon yesterday and they were taking pre-orders for £50 deposit. Already had 40 people on the list though!
I going to get back onto my sony centre in Worthing as they told me they were'nt going to take pre orders and that they would be opening at midnight for release day, Could be porkies but I'm gonna get on to them and hopefully theyve changed the procedure, Thanks for the info and goodluck!!

ghost5

Novice Member
Deadsquirrel said:
I don't think they care about us gamers, but any profit E-Bayers get above the RRP is profit that Sony ISN'T getting
good point but also the extra 100 to 200 quid that people would pay on ebay could be spent on games and controllers ect which would make sony more money.

if you could pre order games and gaurantee a console then sony stand to make more money